Post pics of your builds....
Sep 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #7,306 of 9,811
Thank you.
You would almost think I knew what I was doing...

Quote:
Wow, beautiful etching work avro_arrow!

Really, really nice work.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #7,307 of 9,811
My second built, a cMoyBB. Have been trying several opamps.
I know is a simple build but this is my second DIY and has taught me soldering skills and how to read a diagram.
Waiting for the Meier crossfeed parts, and after that, eSXtatA SS 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #7,309 of 9,811
omg im in love

Quote:
I originally posted pics of this amp way back in May last year, but I've finally got around to finalising a few changes yesterday, and couldn't resist taking new photos with my new camera......
wink.gif

mmm1l.jpg

mmm2.jpg

mmm3k.jpg

mmm4.jpg

σ11 is at 27V with a 30VA toroid. Filtered, double-fused, DPDT switched IEC inlet. Amphenol umbilical connectors. Neutrik RCA and headphone jacks. MMM has AD8610 all round, biased to 4.5mA. Output stage biased to 100-105mA. All electrolytics are Nichicon UHE/UPW. Pot on the left is configured as variable gain (2-12), but is currently shunted out of the circuit as I never use higher than 2 with my phones. Teflon SPC input wire, bog-standard copper hookup elsewhere.

And it is finally exactly how I want it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #7,313 of 9,811
Yay ~ Another CMoy!

My first(ish) crack at one, my initial board had a problem with distortion in the left channel so failing to fix it I made another.

Case is a small Hammond that I've cut to length (I could have made it a bit shorter) with panels made with wood I happened to find on the side of the road.

~Please excuse the horrible picture quailty~

My first attempt was a lot neater underneath.

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #7,314 of 9,811
~ Starving Student 12AU7 ~

My second go at a Starving Student (first being the Beezar PCB kit)

I've used Ohmite carbon composite resistors, Vishay axial electrolytic and TAD "mustard" caps as well as a pair of JJ Valves.

I used star grounding as opposed to soldering the grounds to a plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back