Post pics of your builds....
Dec 20, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #166 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by tess
Just thought I'd show my Zippo lighter tin cmoy amp, wanted to use something different to a mint tin.
Fits well into the Zippo, the PCB design was originally by Guzzler, built using a home etched PCB, with rail-splitter and opa2132pa op-amp.

px2sk

px2tx

px2j9

I am in the proccessing of making a cmoy amp in a zippo tin, as well. I unfortunately have terrible soldering skill when it comes to close quarters like that, so i decided to go sans-volume control and use an input pigtail to make it easier, but then i've come down with mono and can't really work on it anymore
frown.gif
frown.gif
i could always put my all-radioshack amp in there, but it picks up the local AM radio station
frown.gif
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #167 of 9,811
Bassivus,

Nice spin on the Hammond there!

Dec 23, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #168 of 9,811
Here's my brand new pimeta. I used the 8610/8620 OpAmp and the 634 buffer. Also, I used the Serpac case with the belt clip. I got the PCB from Tangent's site, and the build was very easy. As long as you have soldering down, building a pimeta on the PCB is almost easier than building the Cmoy on a generic board.
AMP-Board.jpg

The board in the case

AMP-Pimeta.jpg

The Assemble Amp

AMP-Pocket.jpg

The Amp in use

Now I'm ready to start my PPA

Dec 23, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #170 of 9,811
whoa, for your first amp that's done really well.. it's so small! i tried really hard to make a small cmoy.. must've worked 5 hours on it.. kept soldering things in the wrong place.. finally finished it and it was horribly out of balance..

anyhoo, good work! i love small amps like that.. just need an inline volume pot now
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #171 of 9,811
from the begining i planed for a crossfeed filter, volyme pot, output buffer...

But when i didn't find any cases with the right size i just stayed with the basics. I could not even fitt a led telling if the power is on in that case.

I am happy with the sound but there is some white nosie when using high sensetivity headphones. I dont know if is becouse the input offset currents are not properly balanced but is something to work on for the next version.

Next version will probably not be portable and will include all the gadjets i could not fitt in this tiny case.

Dec 31, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #172 of 9,811
Here are some pics of my latest creations, two made for presents and one
for myself.

They are basically three channel amps based on the pimeta schematic.
Opamps are Ad8620 and 8610, the buffers EL2001.
All amps are biased into class A with cascodes.
The batt monitor shows 5 levels and is switch operated.
The battery packs are 8x 300mah 2/3 aaa nimh cells.
The amps quiescent current draw is a about 14.5 ma.
the power indicator led fitted to the amp module is a
Luxeon item and is very efficient producing a high levels
of illumination at .5ma, the colour is cyan, very nice
biggrin.gif

Additional features are the inclusion of jumper positions in
the feedback network to add bass boost modules and
further jumper positions on the buffer outputs to adjust
source impedance.

Setmenu
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #174 of 9,811
Here are some pictures of a meta42 that I built about two years ago.

meta00.jpg

meta01.jpg

meta02.jpg

meta03.jpg

meta04.jpg

The enclosure is a tin that Fossil watches come in. This is the second tin I used. I drilled the holes all wrong on the first one.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 7:55 AM Post #176 of 9,811
the K-12M from S5 electronics in a custom aluminum enclosure painted... an odd color and then clearcoated. even though the electronics part took me just one day to complete, the case and some tweaks/improvements took the whole holiday break!!!

the amp drives my akg's like a dream. it put enough bass in those things to make me completely satisfied with both the quality and the volume of bass! unbelievable, no?

the power recepticle is a 5 amp EMI filter i picked up at hsc, which goes to shielded (thanks aerius) transformers to a cheaply tweaked out board in triode mode, then out again on the cheapest rat shack jack i can find (yeah... i'm cheap) with a pair of 5 ohm wirewound resistors to sort of match the impedence. all of this is switched on and off by a heavy duty 15 amp switch (just so it can make a loud clicky sound
biggrin.gif
)

s12-1.jpg

s12-2.jpg

s12-3.jpg

Jan 4, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #178 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Mint

This is an external PSU only Mint.

I just wanted one in a tiny case.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Can the MINT fit in that Hammond (I presume the smallest version?) without cutting?

Jan 4, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #179 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
This is an external PSU only Mint.

I just wanted one in a tiny case.
tongue.gif

-Ed

You could always get another one of those tiny hammonds and make it into a battery pack.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice work BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back