Post pics of your builds....
Dec 2, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #136 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by tess
Just thought I'd show my Zippo lighter tin cmoy amp, wanted to use something different to a mint tin.
Fits well into the Zippo, the PCB design was originally by Guzzler, built using a home etched PCB, with rail-splitter and opa2132pa op-amp.
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Those links aren't workin.

Dec 7, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #137 of 9,811
Heres a couple of my RA1 clone. The case i designed and fabricated myself from scratch. The PCB i also designed most of the artwork and built.

ampmain.jpg
gradoinputs.jpg

amocouple.jpg
gradoboard.jpg

Heres my website page for more info about it also. Headphone Amp

rs1smile.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #138 of 9,811
Hi everyone,

Well after a little trouble with the volume led ring (my fault) my PPA is up and running.
Once it's run in i'll think about diamond buffers, biasing and crossfeed.

wi6pk

wi6tw

I'm really proud of the case, it's the first one i've made and nearly turned out as i'd intended. I'm currently running it from the onboard sound of my pc and it sounds great. The next stage is to build a custom pc into a similar chassis with an RME soundcard, mount a behringer dcx2496 into another similar box and finally build some similar looking gainclone power amps. I'll finally have the system i'll be happy with (i think
rolleyes.gif
).

Dec 13, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #141 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by cottonbuds
Selexus...
The case looks cool, but the middle knob reminds me the
Griffin PowerMate

I wondered if anyone would pickup on that
biggrin.gif
. I had a couple of the powermates (in silver) floating around. After disassembley i found that the only part that i could use was the clear diffraction ring. So i made the Ali/copper knob and base, and cut some prototyping board to fit and soldered the leds in.

I was given a metal forming machine last Xmas (tools for Xmas...yes please), it cuts folds and rolls sheet up to 1.2mm. The case lid is my first results from it
icon10.gif

cheers

Dec 13, 2004 at 2:03 PM Post #144 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by cottonbuds
It looks cool though... better than my fluffy... Wonderful fit for a volume knob on your amp...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, i really liked the Fluffy ! Anything but a straight silver box
eggosmile.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #148 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
Damn...that looks fantastic man...Bravo. I like the copper look against the black...is the black finish a powder coat or paint?

I had some black left over after spraying my bike so i used that. I'm really unhappy about the primer though. I didn't have any etch primer, so i used regular...big mistake. It flakes of realy easily, so i might have to strip it and do it properly
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #150 of 9,811
Very exotic casework there, Selexus. Congratulations. Are those two copper-colored tubes strictly cosmetic? Do they contain anything?

The power transformer looms rather close to the input circuitry on the PPA board, though. Do you notice any induced hum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back