Post pics of your builds....
Nov 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #6,032 of 9,811
41 step balanced (4 deck, dual differential, whatever) stepped attenuator.

attenuator.jpg

Ok, not a build per se, but I did have to work up the attenuation curve, get the right resistors (Dale and Xicon, nothing exotic), but anything bigger that RN55 would not fit, and really should have been smaller. Quite a bit tougher 'build' than it looks. Wanted to use Takman REY, but scared they wouldn't fit - nothing worse that plunking $100 on resistors for a one shot build - done that.

No, I don't know where to get one - these guys don't do DIY, but, someone made 'em a deal that they felt obligated to honor.

Oh, and delrin knob courtesy of luvdunhill. Total spend, with knob, $145.

A couple of faux pas, hopefully in places rarely visited, but it looks like this:

Atten_chart.jpg

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #6,034 of 9,811
Nebby, cetoole, and pabbi1 - very nice work congrats.

Nebby - those are really lovely speakers, do you mind if I ask what the cost was - and what components were used?

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #6,035 of 9,811
Zaph|Audio - 4" Bargain Mini pretty much all you need to know about parts. It's a bargain speaker so I went with the suggested parts in terms of crossover items and what not.

$59.48 for the pair of tweeters and woofers
$48.30 for crossover components, ports, and Binding Post.
$20 for enough veneer to do eight speakers

The polyfill and sonic barrier I already had, though I would figure about $20 for that.

Total cost would be roughly $150 for the pair. That's not including the tools required....we all know how that goes in the world of DIY
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #6,036 of 9,811
Got back my main headphones today..also got the stacker working right..figured it'd be a nice time to post a pic.. the top plate hasn't been screwed in yet, hence the reason why it is bending under the weight of the phones..just need to install some threaded inserts..will be doing that tomorrow.

But I can safely say this is my final reference rig.
beerchug.gif

stacker027.jpg

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #6,037 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got done with this...as much as i would love to sit here and listen to it all night i got o head ff for a dinner of sorts
tongue.gif

For your viewing pleasure, my reference amplifier, The Cavalli Audio Stacker 2. Still got one bit left to do..the heater switch wiring.

stacker019.jpg

Whoa...beautiful case work my friend. Just took delivery of dBel84's Stacker, and I'm a Stacker backer now!! The most astounding circuit I have heard!

Nov 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #6,038 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa...beautiful case work my friend. Just took delivery of dBel84's Stacker, and I'm a Stacker backer now!! The most astounding circuit I have heard!

Thanks!!..It has been a long and arduous journey with this particular amplifier personally..but am reaping the fruits of my labor so to speak. As much as it pains me to admit it, this is a superior sounding amplifier to the EHHA and that is saying something.

The stacker is easily the best amplifier I have heard in the 5-6000$ range.

The musicality of this amplifier is just something else. I feel privileged to own one of these fantastic amplifiers as am sure you feel too.
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #6,039 of 9,811
@ Nebby - just superb workmanship

@ stacker clan - Great chassis and build sachu, the TP's look a perfect match
wink.gif
. achristilaw, only pleased to have been able to spread the love.
smily_headphones1.gif
..dB

edit - my little soha ii looks diminutive next to that beast
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #6,042 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[/url]

My new psu under progress, all rails are around 29.3 - 29.7 V
biggrin.gif

Looks good, like the heatsinks. Just a suggestion but it may make sense to mount the V+ V- terminals on the underside of the boards for cleaning case wiring.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #6,044 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks good, like the heatsinks. Just a suggestion but it may make sense to mount the V+ V- terminals on the underside of the boards for cleaning case wiring.

m1abrams, that's a great idea as there's a fair bit of real estate under the boards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks nice, just make sure you attach those heatsinks to the board (more than just by the MOSFETs).

Thanks FallenAngel, the bolts run through the accomodating holes on the boards, it's very secure.

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #6,045 of 9,811
It is fantastic work...... but my concern is how are the heatsinks attached to each other? If you were to pick one up, would the weight of the other put strain on the S22 boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back