Post pics of your builds....
Nov 19, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #6,001 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta love the gummy bears.

haha, yeah whats with that? I thought maybe they dropped them in there by accident. Maybe they like creating cartoon clouds above peoples heads filled with 'What' when they open there shipment. Random stuff like that is just awesome.

Nov 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #6,002 of 9,811
My Dac End (AD1865)
DAC End - the AD1865N-K with single ended vacuum output stage
4256309.jpg

4256308.jpg

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #6,005 of 9,811
So these are some pictures of my Millett Starving Student Hybrid amp. The outside looks alright but as you can see the inside is an embarrassing mess. I really need to work on my cable management skills. It works but since there is a significant amount of noise and hiss in it, I may just redo the internals on perf board to make troubleshooting a bit easier. We shall see.

P1010198.jpg

P1010200.jpg

P1010210.jpg

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #6,011 of 9,811
I appreciate the compliments on the case. External beauty is half the battle. At least I did something well there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! That makes my wiring look neat!
wink.gif

Yeah, like I said, embarrassing mess. I kind of have a "just solder it all right now and see if it works" mentality. With that, it either looks bad, doesn't work properly, or breaks something important... I should really start testing as I go. Don't worry, though... the bird's nest will be fixed soon enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...hope the tubes don't get too hot.

The tubes get warm but not hot by any reasonable definition of the word. However, since the original design was modified to accommodate the 12SR7's, the MOSFETs see a larger voltage and the heatsinks get purdy toasty. Don't think its hot enough to cause alarm, though.

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #6,012 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by swedishhatfaction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
External beauty is half the battle. At least I did something well there.

Yes, you did. It looks great from the outside.

Quote:

Don't worry, though... the bird's nest will be fixed soon enough.

Good!
wink.gif
I shouldn't be throwing stones in any case. Most of the time, my designs never make it past the messy wiring "breadboard" stage.

6H30_2.jpg

Although every now and again I produce something that I'm proud of.

IMG_2361.jpg

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #6,013 of 9,811
Quote:

Pixeljedi, that is a beautiful exterior. The panel etching and countersinking came out awesome. Do you have any pictures of the inside?

Thanks swedishhatfaction. I didn't take any pics of the inside, as it doesn't differ much from the inside pics on AMB's site (with the exception of a different battery).

Your Millet Briefcase Amp is off the chart - Talk about ultra-portable awesomeness
wink.gif
I probably would have left the handle on the front, just so I could carry it into work - haha

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #6,014 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixeljedi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks swedishhatfaction. I didn't take any pics of the inside, as it doesn't differ much from the inside pics on AMB's site (with the exception of a different battery).

Your Millet Briefcase Amp is off the chart - Talk about ultra-portable awesomeness
wink.gif
I probably would have left the handle on the front, just so I could carry it into work - haha

Thanks pixeljedi. I wasn't too familiar with the Mini3 or with much of anything AMB did so I took a look at it on their site. I want to give the guy who designed the layout of the Mini3 a congratulatory handshake. It's an impressively compact pcb.

And about the handle... sadly my box did not come with one. I agree that that would have been a nice bit of portable flair for it if it did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...Although every now and again I produce something that I'm proud of.

IMG_2361.jpg

That is most excellent! Does she have a name? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back