Portable Amp for Shure Se535
Apr 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #16 of 58
My friend just bought a Shure SE535, he uses his SE handphone as the source (I forgot which one but it's the walkman series) he's asking me wether to buy a DAC/AMP or go for a Hifiman HM-602. Any opinion on this ? I told him better to go HM-602 just because it's pretty much PMP + AMP + DAC in 1 body and easy to be carried around.

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 58
Has anybody found a suitable amp for the Shures se535? I recently bought the SE535ltd and it seems to be lacking just a bit of bass. Also i read that some amps minimize or even cancel out the shures infamous hiss noise.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #19 of 58
@ bevano, make sure the foam buds are sealing your ear canal well. I changes buds to the rubber ear protection type and the bass went up considerably.

I'm also using the Shure SE535's and my Headstage Arrow should ship on the 10th of next month and my JDS Labs CMoy will be home when I get there.

I'll post my impressions when I get them.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 58
TTVJ Slim sounds amazing 
size]

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #22 of 58
Know this is an old thread but if anyone is still interested, I've recently brought an Arrow 4G for my bronze SE535's. There was never enough bass for me unamped and from reading around here I'd heard they were a bit lacking in treble. Treble at I and bass at II gives a major improvement and I've had serious love ins listening to several different albums and genres (Pearl Jam Vs and Calibre Condition for mellow Dnb).

I think the ability to tweak the sound for different genres, headphones and or moods will add more longevity and value to the amp. I would still like another setting with more bass boost but don't think I'd use this all the time if it was there.

May 1, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 58
I just got some 535s. I've been looking at amps. Still uncertain. I was going to get a JBS labs c421 but didn't like the size. Saw the C&C BH but I'm not really into it. I guess I'll have to save a bit and get a PICO slim. It seems like the best choice for these. 

May 12, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #26 of 58
How about the Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02, of which you will find favourable reviews on Head-Fi.
I am suggesting this amp as I myself am getting interested in it and might eventually buy it at some time in the near future.
I already have the Electric Avenues PA2V2 and the Fiio 11, and I love them both, and am awaiting a Little-Bear B2 for evaluation.
The Epiphany Acoustics EHP-02 got me interested in view of its strong build and electronics.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #27 of 58
I have the digizoid ZO2.3, but through the 535's, there is a persistent hiss. So what would people recommend for an alternative that's around the same price as the ZO2.3 (~$100)? All I want is a fuller low-end for edm (not looking for neutrality).

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #28 of 58
I just bought the 535 bronze yesterday and I've been using them with my alo continental v3 portable tube amp. I think so far the sound is incredible. Brings the bass up more and the highs. Makes the mids so sweet. So far I'm loving this combo. And everyone is complaining of a hissing noise with other amps. There is absolutely no hissing coming from this amp. Maybe I just can't hear if but there is none. This is IMO a very good amp for these. It really brings the 535 to life. There is a huge difference between the amp and without out IMO.

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 58
I bet they would sound sweet on the Alo amp. The only thing that is holding me back on an amp like the alo continental v3's is the price. Since I am a uni student, and money is harder to come by, I can't afford something that costs more than the iem itself. Any other suggestions?

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #30 of 58
I bet they would sound sweet on the Alo amp. The only thing that is holding me back on an amp like the alo continental v3's is the price. Since I am a uni student, and money is harder to come by, I can't afford something that costs more than the iem itself. Any other suggestions?
Yes your rite it is expensive. I had to save a while for it lol but yes it sounds really good with it. I'm not sure what other amp would sound good. I heard the c5 would sound good and I think it's only around 200 bucks. It's a solid state I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back