Portable Amp for Shure Se535
Aug 2, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #31 of 58
Yes your rite it is expensive. I had to save a while for it lol but yes it sounds really good with it. I'm not sure what other amp would sound good. I heard the c5 would sound good and I think it's only around 200 bucks. It's a solid state I think

Thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely look into it. Maybe save up for Christmas time sales....

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #32 of 58
It's been a couple years since I read this forum, but I still have my P-51 Mustang that I use with Shure SE530. I think I remember when Ray first develop the Mustang, he tuned the amp using Ultimate Ears and Shure E500 (top of the line shure at the time) I have no regret pairing the Shure with the Mustang. I still use my old iRiver iHP-120 for source with portable rig. Geeze, it must be 6 or 7 years ago that I bought the Mustang. Still sounds like brand new!

(edit: I also use the silicone 'triple-sleeve' type sleeves with my shures.)

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #33 of 58
Hi, guys!

I want to order Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper). So I would really appreciate it if you could help me to find the answer to 3 questions.

1. Does Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) bypass the iPod’s amp and dac?

2. Do I have to buy a line out dock (LOD) cable if I want to use 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) with iPod Classic which has 30 pin connector or LOD cable is included in the package contents? What LOD cable can you recommend?

3. Will my Shure SE535 earphones sound good with Theorem?

Thx!

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 58
I have never sampled the c421 or c5, just going by what I have read during my search for an amp. Spoke to Ray today and he recommended the shadow.
The sr-71b looks awesome, expensive though.
Spoke to JDS too and was told the c5 was made for iem.

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #45 of 58
I have never sampled the c421 or c5, just going by what I have read during my search for an amp. Spoke to Ray today and he recommended the shadow.
The sr-71b looks awesome, expensive though.
Spoke to JDS too and was told the c5 was made for iem.

but very worth it, i havent found a portable amp that beats it, +21 hi gain, massive voltage swing, more than enough for on head over ear and iem's

i have the ibasso pb2 thicker amp but very powerful, i like this amp too for the 535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back