Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Nov 15, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,771 of 1,830
Hi.I got the xdp 100r,but im wondering how good quality the dac is? Would a audioquest dragonfly red be a totlly waste of money?

As in adding the DF to the XDP? Yes. The Pioneer is very good on it's own, imo. Hell, I don't even think the Mojo is necessary for the XDP audio-quality wise except for added "oomph" for specific headphones. DF and other portable dac/amp are good for "cheap" DAPs or mobile phones. Again, my opinion based on my usage.

Afterthought adder: Also, introducing a separate DAC/Amp to the portable DAP will also significantly drain battery charge faster.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #1,774 of 1,830
New update in the store:
Changes:
What's New
- Added playlist backup and restore function.
- Added backup function and restore function of custom EQ.
- Added capability to import playlist created with m3u file to application's playlist.
- Pioneer SE-CL5BT / SE-E7BT added to the headphone list.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,776 of 1,830
Yep, the only thing I don't like about the pioneer is it's size (and stupid handles). After something a little smaller personally. Far prefer it to the fiio x5III in terms of operation etc. Everything just works out of the box with no real firmware updates needed now.

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,779 of 1,830
Jan 23, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #1,780 of 1,830
Don't know anything about that particular brand name. However I can tell you my wallet isn't too excited about it. I'm still waiting for 400GB to get lower in price.

Every time a new, higher capacity card comes out, the last generation top dog card drops in price.

At the Nintendo Switch unveiling, they demonstrated a 2tb microSD..........still not available to the public a year latter.

3f575b94b3e27b139fcb9ff2f5111e4a7a8b08de.jpg

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #1,782 of 1,830
Does anyone here know if the xdp-100r has a balance adjustment option for left and right channels? i can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings

It hasn't.

It existed at one point (you could actually see it in an early video from some expo / trade show), but it was removed before general release.

I remember reporting it along some other bugs and missing features a few weeks after the device was released in Europe, but most of these issues were never resolved.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #1,784 of 1,830
Can Anyone suggest Good IEM's for the Pioneer?
I have used the massdrop RE00s, UE TF10s, and the Ety 4xrs with the Pioneer. I find the player pretty neutral on it's own and I don't use any EQing. Files are all FLAC with a few hi res just to try out. I thought all 3 iems sounded great but have a very strong preference for the Ety's. Clean , clear , and just enough thump. I'm sure most any iems that sound good would sound good with the pioneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back