Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jul 26, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,816 of 1,830
For a year now I just began to use the Onkyo music player unlocked instead of the packaged one.. Because it sucks. It froze too much for me. You only can deal with that so many times before you either get another music player or ditch the 100r altogether (luckily the Onkyo one is high res and compatible with my Pioneer since they're in the same product family).

It was a fault with the hardware not a problem with the app, in the end.

Jan 18, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #1,821 of 1,830
is there any way to use this dap with spotify + mojo? I can only find the option to use the mojo through the stock player but not in the android settings

Hello¡¡ Do you know if there's a way to use the Pioneer as USB audio DAC, to bypass my laptop's audio??

One guaranteed way to use the XDP-100R’s DAC is to use a proprietary DAC/Amp, like a Pioneer U-05.

Hello! I have a strange issue on my Pioneer: When I try to enter Settings-Security "Settings" crashes, Wifi and Bluetooth don't want to turn on.

Turn your DAP off, wait a minute, then turn it on. If it still persists, back up all of your files and reset the OS to default.

When I first heard the XDP-100R at CanJam@SoCal several years back, I already heard a bunch of other DAPs (mainly AKxxx II and QP1R) and loved its UI and form factor the best. Even if the XDP-100R was hooked up to a U-05 and XLR to SE-Master1, I definitely felt that its sound quality was very close to other DAPs retailing at least twice as much. After listening to this setup, I felt that those Pioneer products gave its comparably-priced competition (like, AK120 II, Oppo HA-2, and HD800S) a run for the money.

Now that I own a XDP-100R, I definitely still feel this way. Even if the XDP-300R came out a year later, I still can only tell the difference between balanced and single-ended when the amplifier has to be plugged into the wall. Even if FiiO has come out with DAPs with similar form factors and upgradable amp modules, many still complain about software stability and their music playing within the software. Even if phablets with multiple DACs have come onto the market (LG V-series), I still want iOS to power my phone.:floatsmile:

Mar 21, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,825 of 1,830
Well I’ve tried to use Qobuz but the US version needs android 8 or higher and the stock Onkyo Pioneer OS is based on 5 and hasn’t been updated since 2016 so I am beginning to think it’s a bit of an orphan device regarding android streaming apps other than Tidal (which does work fine) ...

So for a portable rig I may be at ground zero again unless Pioneer sends an OS update which seems unlikely at this point ... alas there is much to like about it now I’m not sure which way to go I may end up with a DAC for my iPhone XS which is ok but not ideal ...

Mar 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #1,826 of 1,830
Well I’ve tried to use Qobuz but the US version needs android 8 or higher and the stock Onkyo Pioneer OS is based on 5 and hasn’t been updated since 2016 so I am beginning to think it’s a bit of an orphan device regarding android streaming apps other than Tidal (which does work fine) ...

So for a portable rig I may be at ground zero again unless Pioneer sends an OS update which seems unlikely at this point ... alas there is much to like about it now I’m not sure which way to go I may end up with a DAC for my iPhone XS which is ok but not ideal ...
Would the iBasso DX200 have the proper firmware and software to stream from Qobuz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back