Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
May 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2,267 of 2,535
Hi all, just wanna make sure about this dap. I just purchased and havent arrived yet. The question is, does it support external dac/amp? As im using ifi micro as dac/amp when at home

Thanks in advance :)
It’s a crapshoot.

Mine never wanted to support any kind of dac/amp. Regardless of what adapter/usb cable I plugged into it. From ifi adapters to custom cable adapters I tried amp to dac combos in the bunch and the results were always the same.

Connect, freeze, crash. Went ahead and tinkered with all the settings and nothing.

Maybe you won’t get a dud

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,268 of 2,535
Got a balanced cable today. Unfortunately, I have no sound with it. When the cable is plugged in, there is no symbol for "headphones connected". But it should be there like in the 3,5mm output mode, right?

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #2,272 of 2,535
But the symbol "headphone connected" should be there, even if it's a balanced cable, right?

When I disconnect the cable, music doesn't stop playing unlike in the unbalanced mode. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,273 of 2,535
image.jpg image.jpg
But the symbol "headphone connected" should be there, even if it's a balanced cable, right?

When I disconnect the cable, music doesn't stop playing unlike in the unbalanced mode. Is that normal?
Nope.

When connecting a 3.5mm cable headphone, a little headphone symbol will appear.

When connecting a 2.5mm in balanced, the headphone will not appear but it still plays.

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #2,274 of 2,535
BTW I’m using ArticCables. Out of the custom cables, they are yet to fail on me.

I did use periapts at one point but the physical cable was too heavy.

Not to mention the failed 2.5mm cable that was created by “cablearchitect”

Jun 9, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,280 of 2,535
I'm looking for some help with tagging files. I have a bunch of albums whose album art shows up in media monkey, but when I sync it with my 300R, there is no album art associated it. Why isn't the 300R finding the album images, is there a certain way this needs to be done? If so, is there an easy (automated) way to do this to all of the albums in my library in media monkey? Appreciate any suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back