1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by substi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last
  1. sandman2575
    Anyone using the 300R with Qobuz and UAPP?

I'm often getting error messages from UAPP about 'unable to decode in time' leading to incredibly annoying pauses in playback.

Anyone know of a setting in UAPP that might help that? I've fiddled with some of the buffering settings but anything I touch seems to introduce new problems of glitchy playback. : (

2. LightBlue77
    Go to uapp thread, the developer helps anyone with these kind of issues.

cider glider likes this.
  3. WindowsX
    Thank you. The ROM itself is fine. I'm weighting whether I should publish it in case people fail to flash the ROM and got device bricked. Technically, my ROM should also fix bricked device too.

Regards,
    Keetakawee

4. Devilsandseeger
    I love my XDP300...except the awful battery life. Is it possible to get a replacement battery fitted in the UK? Many thanks

5. gbhuk
    I just purchased two 512Gb Lexar cards as a test, now that they're available at a fairly reasonable price, and am extremely happy to confirm that they work; each appearing as 461Gb of storage space. Combined with the 32Gb of on-board storage they take the total reported and available capacity of the Pioneer to 947.3Gb.

SteveOliver likes this.
  6. SteveOliver
    Good info thanks, I'm waiting for 1TB cards to be available. Two of them would be serious storage they would cost around £800 pounds when first available though. :)

7. gbhuk
    I was sat on a transatlantic flight the other week and was frustrated knowing that my battery for sure wouldn't last the whole journey. So, with time on my hands, I took a look at which apps were using the most battery life and force-stopped many of the default running apps. As a result my playing (and standby) time has improved immeasurably.

By the way - the app that I found drains the battery the most is 'Downloads'.

I used to get around 4 hours of playing time, but with a bunch of the default apps disabled I got off an 11 hour flight with battery charge still remaining.
    Hope this helps.

8. Devilsandseeger
    Thanks - this makes sense I will have a play.

9. Devilsandseeger
    I was pondering getting a 512 Card at Present I have a 400gb and a 256Gb. I think i'll be ordering a 512gb :)

10. vid1900
    Any "cell phone repair" shop can open and replace the battery.

The battery you need is the 1ICP4/53/67 3.8v 1630mah, and it costs $20usd in the States.

asdf-1.jpg

antdroid likes this.
  11. LightBlue77
    Or a portable powerbank, they are getting smaller but, yeah, Another device to carry around.

12. Devilsandseeger
    Thanks, may do that

vid1900 likes this.
  13. Devilsandseeger
    I bought a 512gb Card from Amazon Uk £99, it works perfectly.

14. anemotoad
    Is this something you've done? What impact have you seen on the battery life if so?

15. vid1900
    Sure, I've fixed many cell phones, and media players (and of course, a million iPods back in the day).

The Onkyo/Pioneer are easy to service.

As far as battery life, replacing a battery that hardly holds a charge (or has overcharged and who's packaging is now all bloated), gives you that "brand new" playback time, like the phone/player used to have when you first got it.

....AND, you can even install a larger battery (like a 1810mah) for better than new playback time, but you need skillz to crimp or solder on a different connector to the battery pack.

Remember to recycle your old battery pack - DO NOT THROW IT IN THE REGULAR TRASH!

antdroid likes this.
First

Back
141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last