Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
May 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,252 of 2,535
I'll test it out if you want (I made the TWRP port).
The XDP-300R is no longer my daily DAP, so I can do whatever to it.

What is in this ROM?

Thank you. The ROM itself is fine. I'm weighting whether I should publish it in case people fail to flash the ROM and got device bricked. Technically, my ROM should also fix bricked device too.

Regards,
Keetakawee

May 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,254 of 2,535
You are completely correct. That was my error. I was looking at a non-micro SD card when I posted. You answered what would have been my follow-up question though, which was whether or not 400 GB cards work. I am happy to hear they do. My current debate is between the XDP-300R, the ONKYO DP-X1A, and the iBasso DX-80. The primary reason that I was including the DX-80 is due to its allegedly unlimited storage as the microSDs gets larger. If the XDP-300R can handle the 400 GB cards though, I think that may be my answer. Thanks for the feedback!

I just purchased two 512Gb Lexar cards as a test, now that they're available at a fairly reasonable price, and am extremely happy to confirm that they work; each appearing as 461Gb of storage space. Combined with the 32Gb of on-board storage they take the total reported and available capacity of the Pioneer to 947.3Gb.

May 4, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #2,255 of 2,535
I just purchased two 512Gb Lexar cards as a test, now that they're available at a fairly reasonable price, and am extremely happy to confirm that they work; each appearing as 461Gb of storage space. Combined with the 32Gb of on-board storage they take the total reported and available capacity of the Pioneer to 947.3Gb.

Good info thanks, I'm waiting for 1TB cards to be available. Two of them would be serious storage they would cost around £800 pounds when first available though. :)

May 4, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #2,256 of 2,535
I love my XDP300...except the awful battery life. Is it possible to get a replacement battery fitted in the UK? Many thanks

I was sat on a transatlantic flight the other week and was frustrated knowing that my battery for sure wouldn't last the whole journey. So, with time on my hands, I took a look at which apps were using the most battery life and force-stopped many of the default running apps. As a result my playing (and standby) time has improved immeasurably.

By the way - the app that I found drains the battery the most is 'Downloads'.

I used to get around 4 hours of playing time, but with a bunch of the default apps disabled I got off an 11 hour flight with battery charge still remaining.
Hope this helps.

May 4, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,258 of 2,535
I was pondering getting a 512 Card at Present I have a 400gb and a 256Gb. I think i'll be ordering a 512gb :)

May 5, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #2,259 of 2,535
I love my XDP300...except the awful battery life. Is it possible to get a replacement battery fitted in the UK? Many thanks

Any "cell phone repair" shop can open and replace the battery.

The battery you need is the 1ICP4/53/67 3.8v 1630mah, and it costs $20usd in the States.

asdf-1.jpg

May 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,264 of 2,535
Is this something you've done? What impact have you seen on the battery life if so?

Sure, I've fixed many cell phones, and media players (and of course, a million iPods back in the day).

The Onkyo/Pioneer are easy to service.

As far as battery life, replacing a battery that hardly holds a charge (or has overcharged and who's packaging is now all bloated), gives you that "brand new" playback time, like the phone/player used to have when you first got it.

....AND, you can even install a larger battery (like a 1810mah) for better than new playback time, but you need skillz to crimp or solder on a different connector to the battery pack.

Remember to recycle your old battery pack - DO NOT THROW IT IN THE REGULAR TRASH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back