Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Aug 8, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #2,521 of 2,532
cis there a volume limitation in this model? is it possible to remove this limitation or avoid it somehow? or after balansue, it is also impossible to drag these headphones hd600 or akg k702 anyway when it comes to the sound it will surely be much better than the V series lg ?

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #2,522 of 2,532
cis there a volume limitation in this model? is it possible to remove this limitation or avoid it somehow? or after balansue, it is also impossible to drag these headphones hd600 or akg k702 anyway when it comes to the sound it will surely be much better than the V series lg ?
No volume limitation as far as I know, can be quite loud with 2.5mm out and BTL mode with high efficiency earphone

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #2,523 of 2,532
is this player worth € 180 with two sandisk 2x 200gb cards and when it comes to the quality of the sound, it will be better for ibasso dx160? Will I be able to drive the hd600 headphones without an additional amplifier?
And be aware that the latest Android 5.1.1 and no more update, Tidal requires Android 6 so maybe more App may not run on 300R, currently only possible with UAPP

Aug 8, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #2,524 of 2,532
Am thinking of letting him go and look for something new I am leaning towards the LG V or G series or some kind of amplifier BT headphone fiio btr 5 or something else only here I'm completely green What would you recommend me from BtT amplifiers apart from the already mentioned Fiio Btr5?

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #2,525 of 2,532
Am thinking of letting him go and look for something new I am leaning towards the LG V or G series or some kind of amplifier BT headphone fiio btr 5 or something else only here I'm completely green What would you recommend me from BtT amplifiers apart from the already mentioned Fiio Btr5?
I happen to be a long time owner of many LG QuadDAC phones, a Fiio BTR 5, and recently owner of a used XDP-300R.
From the sound prospective, XDP-300R is better than all my LG quaddac phones. Xdp-300r is also BT enabled. But BT output bypasses (most of) the DAC, therefore producing lower SQ. BTR 5 is good BT receiver however. No complaint. But I found myself going back to using corded headphone/erabuds when listing to XDP or LG phones.
I use USB Audio Player app to bypass the limitation of the Android sound stack on both the XDP and LG phones. The sound is noticeably better with the App, especially when listening to the hi-res sound files.

I have also planning to replace and upsize the battery in the XDP. I have the new battery and new audio caps.

https://npaudio.boards.net/thread/191/pioneer-xdp-300r

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #2,528 of 2,532
Oct 5, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #2,529 of 2,532
Yep, while i wont deny that 300r was a decent player back in the day esp with its series 800 sd processor coupled with a decent battery life (an android based player having reaching above 3 hrs of playtime was hard to come by back then) it has since been usurped by more modern players both within and even below its price range.

The 2.5mm on the 300r is so easily broken (some even broked their 3.5!). The knob, so prone to skipping, outdated version of android means 1) possible security concerns and 2) modern apps wont even function. Theres also the rather thin, and cold sounding signature which many have come to detest.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #2,530 of 2,532
How do I check how many songs do I have in 300r?
Someone gave a sort of non-answer, suggesting that you go into the folder on Windows and just select all and look at the number in the status bar. That technically works, sure, and the solution I'm going to give isn't ideal either, but at least you can check it directly from the device itself with my method:

Go into the music player, the main screen where you can set shuffle, where you can swipe up to check the EQ. Well, swipe down and you'll have a list of songs in your playlist, or if you had just selected a song from the "song" menu, it'll show every song on the device, and to the left of the song will be a number. You can use the scroll wheel here to scroll all the way to the bottom, and the last song's number will be the number of songs you have. In my case, one-thousand, six-hundred and thirty-six.

Dec 5, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2,531 of 2,532
I may be missing something, but does anyone know how to get the 300R to display what number track you're on and out of how many? You know, track 5 of 10, or 5/10? It's one of those things I've only just noticed is missing, and while not essential, it would be handy.
I made a comment above this one, but to reiterate: On the main music app on the play screen (where you se your art/play button/et cetera) swipe down and you'll see the tracklist with numbers annexed to the left.

Dec 5, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #2,532 of 2,532
I was listening to some rock the other day and just played around with the bass boost to see what it did to the sound. Left it on low. Helped give the music a bit more of a kick and as I mention above just playing around really.

Oddly this caused the sound to cut out. For about half a second during every other song or so, switched off the bass boost and it disappeared. So I can live without. This was FLAC files.
You might try going to settings > Sound & notification > Lock range adjust and setting it to "normal" or, if it's already on normal, change it to "wide," then try activating your bass boost again and see if you have that trouble again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back