Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jul 26, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #2,491 of 2,535
Sure, I've fixed many cell phones, and media players (and of course, a million iPods back in the day).

The Onkyo/Pioneer are easy to service.

As far as battery life, replacing a battery that hardly holds a charge (or has overcharged and who's packaging is now all bloated), gives you that "brand new" playback time, like the phone/player used to have when you first got it.

....AND, you can even install a larger battery (like a 1810mah) for better than new playback time, but you need skillz to crimp or solder on a different connector to the battery pack.

Remember to recycle your old battery pack - DO NOT THROW IT IN THE REGULAR TRASH!
Do you have a part number for that 1810mAh battery?
The original stock battery is available in Japan but not in the US.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #2,492 of 2,535
Do you have a part number for that 1810mAh battery?
The original stock battery is available in Japan but not in the US.
I'm a zilllion miles away from my player, so I might not be much help.

This is where you need a real, non-chain, phone repair store. The kind where the owner lives in the back room and really knows how to repair a phone.

For instance, on Google, this battery appears to be 1mm smaller, has 280mah more storage than the original, but the wrong connector.

A real phone guy could maybe adapt the connector and get you back going in a few minutes

(again, I'm not saying that this battery is "the one", but you see how there are many fish in the sea)

Attachments

• s-l1mmm600.jpg
    s-l1mmm600.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,496 of 2,535
Looks like the battery is back in stock on AE, and it's 2200mAh $19 including the tools to take it apart (you'll still need a hair dryer)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018646852.html

Nice. Will order one of these bad boys.

My XDP-300R has been just wasting away in my drawer for years now because the battery had swelled and I ended up removing it from the device before it could swell further or damage something or catch fire. Battery still worked fine at the time but yeah.

Then after that it seems the device does not power on at all unless there is a battery in the unit? Even if you have it plugged into power, is that correct? Because mine does not power up at all without a battery inside it of it.

Anyways, it will be nice to revive this bad boy and give it a new lease on life. I really enjoyed the sound with my Campfire Audio Vega.

BTW, this battery should have slightly better battery life with the increased mAh?

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #2,497 of 2,535
Will be selling my xdp300r, just pm me if anyone is interested. The device is in a very good condition (there are a couple scratches on the buttons side). Works flawlessly, i cared about the battery, charging most of the time from my pc. The battery holds around 12h still. I bought it in Saturn in Germany, original box included. Selling it because it lays in a drawer for over half a year as im enjoying my dx300 now. I still turn it on a couple times a month to be sure that the battery doesnt go lower than 40%. The jacks are secured with the resin to prevent them from loosening (clean work).

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #2,500 of 2,535
Just dug out a mint condition 300R I had taken in trade and never really used. Tried to install Qobuz and find that it is no longer compatible. There seems to be no way to upgrade the OS. Am I just out of luck?

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #2,501 of 2,535
Nice. Will order one of these bad boys.

My XDP-300R has been just wasting away in my drawer for years now because the battery had swelled and I ended up removing it from the device before it could swell further or damage something or catch fire. Battery still worked fine at the time but yeah.

Then after that it seems the device does not power on at all unless there is a battery in the unit? Even if you have it plugged into power, is that correct? Because mine does not power up at all without a battery inside it of it.

Anyways, it will be nice to revive this bad boy and give it a new lease on life. I really enjoyed the sound with my Campfire Audio Vega.

BTW, this battery should have slightly better battery life with the increased mAh?

Got the battery in today and all is well... XDP-300R officially revived :)

Takes about a month after ordering to get the battery (ordered Feb 28 and got it yesterday, March 28 - China -> Canada)

Nice to see that the battery came with nifty little tools to complete the replacement/installation... was a breeze.

Apr 8, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #2,502 of 2,535
I am joining this Pioneer/Onkyo club, after buying a used 300R from a forum member.
The Dap is in good shape and has the usual problems - loose 3.5mm jack (very little force holding the 3.5mm jack) and battery drains fast. I rooted the 300R with Magisk and TWRP. Still stuck with Android 5.1.1. Yike!

Eventually, I will replace the battery with a larger one add upgrade the caps too like this:

https://npaudio.boards.net/thread/191/pioneer-xdp-300r

Looks like guys over npaudio managed to jam a 505080 (5x50x80mm) 3460 (don't believe it) mah battery in the 300R. Had to relocate 8 caps.

Ordered a 505080 and a 605080 battery (by mistake) from Aliexpress, may take 2 months to get here. Still not sure about the specs of those caps. From the pictures posted here, they are marked 47g(?) ZR - that means Nichicon ZR series 47uf 4v(?) . If you know the specs of those caps, please let me know. I don't want to over-spec the replacement because of the limited space. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #2,503 of 2,535
Good evening all! New guy here from Germany checking in.
I was able to grab a nice 300r from eBay with good earphone sockets but bad battery. The latter is not a problem as I intend to use it in the office most of the time. Up until now I was using my iPhone as a DAP but it was time for an upgrade. I’ll know in about a week or two if I’ve made the right decision.
To play it on my stereo I guess I connect the headphone outlet to tape/cd-rom or Aux and switch to line output mode. This would result in an analogue set up but I would like to go fully digital using the usb socket on my receiver (Pioneer VSX-920). The manual says I’ll need an OTG cable for this here (I nearly wrote OTC), but is there anything else I need to look out for?
Thanks in advance for your help and advice here.
Chris
ps: I also posted an enquiry over at the Bowers & Wilkins PI7 forum. I am not happy with them!

Apr 30, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #2,504 of 2,535
Good evening all! New guy here from Germany checking in.
I was able to grab a nice 300r from eBay with good earphone sockets but bad battery. The latter is not a problem as I intend to use it in the office most of the time. Up until now I was using my iPhone as a DAP but it was time for an upgrade. I’ll know in about a week or two if I’ve made the right decision.
To play it on my stereo I guess I connect the headphone outlet to tape/cd-rom or Aux and switch to line output mode. This would result in an analogue set up but I would like to go fully digital using the usb socket on my receiver (Pioneer VSX-920). The manual says I’ll need an OTG cable for this here (I nearly wrote OTC), but is there anything else I need to look out for?
Thanks in advance for your help and advice here.
Chris
ps: I also posted an enquiry over at the Bowers & Wilkins PI7 forum. I am not happy with them!

If you use OTG at Micro USB port, your can’t charge your 300R, maybe if your home have good WiFi coverage, and VSX-920, using UPnP to play digital is better way and it’s free (or just some extra software like Mconnect or UAPP to running as UPnP server on your 300R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back