1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by substi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last
  1. rizki8490
    Hi all, just wanna make sure about this dap. I just purchased and havent arrived yet. The question is, does it support external dac/amp? As im using ifi micro as dac/amp when at home

Thanks in advance :)

2. emilsal
    Yes it supports USB OTG to an external dac/amp. I use mine the with a Schiit Jotunheim using a micro usb to usb b OTG cable.

3. Hay2104
    It’s a crapshoot.

Mine never wanted to support any kind of dac/amp. Regardless of what adapter/usb cable I plugged into it. From ifi adapters to custom cable adapters I tried amp to dac combos in the bunch and the results were always the same.

Connect, freeze, crash. Went ahead and tinkered with all the settings and nothing.

Maybe you won’t get a dud

4. letlive
    Got a balanced cable today. Unfortunately, I have no sound with it. When the cable is plugged in, there is no symbol for "headphones connected". But it should be there like in the 3,5mm output mode, right?

5. Hay2104
    You have to go into settings and set it manually

Settings—>Sound & Notifications —> Output Select—>Balanced

6. letlive
    Already did, still no headphone symbol and sound :frowning2:

Hay2104 likes this.
  7. Hay2104
    Who’d you buy the adapter from?

I don’t know what it is about balanced 2.5mm cables, but out of 5 cables that cost me $30 to $80 dollars, only 1 cable ended up being NOT faulty.

You probably got a lemon. Time demand a prepaid return label.

letlive likes this.
  8. letlive
    But the symbol "headphone connected" should be there, even if it's a balanced cable, right?

When I disconnect the cable, music doesn't stop playing unlike in the unbalanced mode. Is that normal?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. Hay2104
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Nope.

When connecting a 3.5mm cable headphone, a little headphone symbol will appear.

When connecting a 2.5mm in balanced, the headphone will not appear but it still plays.

letlive likes this.
  10. Hay2104
    BTW I’m using ArticCables. Out of the custom cables, they are yet to fail on me.

I did use periapts at one point but the physical cable was too heavy.

Not to mention the failed 2.5mm cable that was created by “cablearchitect”

11. letlive
    Thank you for the pics! Does the music stop playing when you disconnect the custom cable?

Hay2104 likes this.
  12. Hay2104
    Nope, the music will keep playing regardless of whether a 3.5mm or balanced connector is plugged in.

It will only stop when you press pause or when the app crashes or resets.

letlive likes this.
  13. letlive
    That's weird. When I disconnect my 3,5mm cable, music stops immediately.

14. zombicube
    It might depend on what app you use to listen to music, whether the music stops when the cable is removed.

15. letlive
    Yes, I mean the Pioneer music app.

zombicube likes this.
First

Back
142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151
153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
Next

Last