Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #1,186 of 2,535
I'm thinking of getting a XDP-300R. Can it power a HD 700 properly?? Also what is the output impedance of the HP port (SE)? I'm a little bit confused about Pioneer warranty policy? Do they offer warranty for their DAP?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #1,188 of 2,535
I'm thinking of getting a XDP-300R. Can it power a HD 700 properly?? Also what is the output impedance of the HP port (SE)? I'm a little bit confused about Pioneer warranty policy? Do they offer warranty for their DAP?

The HD 700 is quite easy to drive I believe, so it should be OK (150 ohms and 105db sensitivity) The warranty in the UK at, least would be with the dealer you purchased the player from and would usually be one year.

I'm thinking about buying an Pioneer XDP-300R-B.

Can anyone tell me if it has an EU volume limit and if so can it be removed ?

I'm not aware of any method of removing the volume limit but as mentioned before in this thread variable line-out mode gives a bit more volume.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #1,189 of 2,535
The HD 700 is quite easy to drive I believe, so it should be OK (150 ohms and 105db sensitivity) The warranty in the UK at, least would be with the dealer you purchased the player from and would usually be one year.

I'm not aware of any method of removing the volume limit but as mentioned before in this thread variable line-out mode gives a bit more volume.

Having a volume limit on it would be a deal breaker for me.

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #1,195 of 2,535
I would go for 300r in terms of portable use because it's smaller than the teac.

No idea on sq and price of teac.

If you want a portable android dap then get the 300r.

If you want a dap/dac/amp, teac.

I'm planning to get a teac in the future to use it as dac/amp for my 300r.

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #1,199 of 2,535
So, I have downloaded some DSD files, which have a DFF file extension. When I look at these files in the X DAP Link program, the metadata for the tracks is visible, but when I put the files on the 300R DAP, it just shows the filenames without any metadata.

I didn't think DFF files held any metadata, so I am puzzled how the X DAP program found some. Is there an easy way to convert DFF files to DSF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back