Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,157 of 2,535
How do you like 300R with meze 99c, enough power- loudness to drive them?
99C are very easy to drive. Sounds great with the 300R and BW Oval Sheepskin pads

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,162 of 2,535
My 300r just stopped working...it ran out of charge, I plugged it in, and now it doesn't start. Any way to get it going anyone knows of?

(never mind, must have been some problem with the charger, I connected to my computer, and it did charge and start...:) )

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #1,163 of 2,535
@Lurk650 How's the synergy of pioneer ch9t and 300r? Are you using it in balanced?
I only use my CH9T with my Fiio M3 at the gym.

But does it has enough power to play loud with meze99c as i read and also heard pioneer 30r, it was just lit bit louder than my iphone se. Maybe the setup on 30R was power saving? If 300r plays really solid and loud i would ho for it or it need amp?
It will get loud enough and the 300R SQ will crap all over the iPhone SE. I run my 300R on High Gain and volume is usually around 110/160 and I listen to my music pretty loud compared to other people

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #1,166 of 2,535
I just got one of these new. Sounds fine out of the single ended 3.5mm jack. I notice there's a headphone icon in the android status area.

I got a (2.5mm) balanced, MMCX cable yesterday and put my SE846 on it. When I plug into balanced output, I get no sound. I notice also there's no headphone icon in the Android status area. The output is still set to 'balanced'.

This was a bit late last night so I didn't have time to troubleshoot yesterday, though today when I get home from work I'll buzz out the balanced cable to make sure all the conductors are good. Assuming the cable is good, am I missing anything obvious (like a setting), or do I have a dud I need to return and exchange for a new unit?

Thanks... !

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #1,167 of 2,535
I just got one of these new. Sounds fine out of the single ended 3.5mm jack. I notice there's a headphone icon in the android status area.

I got a (2.5mm) balanced, MMCX cable yesterday and put my SE846 on it. When I plug into balanced output, I get no sound. I notice also there's no headphone icon in the Android status area. The output is still set to 'balanced'.

This was a bit late last night so I didn't have time to troubleshoot yesterday, though today when I get home from work I'll buzz out the balanced cable to make sure all the conductors are good. Assuming the cable is good, am I missing anything obvious (like a setting), or do I have a dud I need to return and exchange for a new unit?

Thanks... !

I think you have it covered Bob, set Balanced or ACG mode and it should just work. There are at least two different configuration options for a 2.5 mm balanced plug so you probably have the wrong one.

download.jpg

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #1,168 of 2,535
I think you have it covered Bob, set Balanced or ACG mode and it should just work. There are at least two different configuration options for a 2.5 mm balanced plug so you probably have the wrong one.

OH! Thanks Steve ..... I wasn't aware there were different pinouts. Are you saying that your diagram shows the expected pin map for this DAP? When I googled, I saw (in TRRS order) L+, R+, L-, R- . Which made sense to me because if that were plugged into a single ended output, the 2 grounds for each channel (might) be both connected together.

I'll buzz out the one I have, but if it matches your diagram, THEN I can assume there's something wrong with the DAP. Otherwise, I have the wrong type cable. Right?

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #1,169 of 2,535
OH! Thanks Steve ..... I wasn't aware there were different pinouts. Are you saying that your diagram shows the expected pin map for this DAP? When I googled, I saw (in TRRS order) L+, R+, L-, R- . Which made sense to me because if that were plugged into a single ended output, the 2 grounds for each channel (might) be both connected together.

I'll buzz out the one I have, but if it matches your diagram, THEN I can assume there's something wrong with the DAP. Otherwise, I have the wrong type cable. Right?

Yes the Pioneer/Onkyo DAPs use the Astell & Kern 2.5mm pinout, which the one I posted above, I think its the most common 2.5mm balanced pinout now.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #1,170 of 2,535
I didn't even realize there was more than 1 2.5 mm connector...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back