Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #5,222 of 37,618
Quote:
Lolz. thanks! its what ive always wanted on the go..:) though i must admit, i miss the DX100. haha. well its in good hands now. :D

I love it. It really pairs well with Miracle for me.
The sound quality is fantastic.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #5,224 of 37,618
Quote:
My revamped rig. just love the portability and sound!:) used to own the DX100. amazing DAP, but the battery life and size just didnt come to terms with my priorities as my job requires me to travel often. :frowning2: i normally just pack the W4 and ak100 on the go and use them with an amp at the office/home.

Nice rig psion84.
I have a pair of W4rs too and looking at getting an AK100 (waiting for impressions on dx50 before i pull the trigger). Could you please quickly describe the difference in sound the VorzAMP makes and if there is any hiss with this combination? i know westone 4r is a little too sensitive for some amps.
Thanks!

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #5,225 of 37,618
Quote:
Nice rig psion84.
I have a pair of W4rs too and looking at getting an AK100 (waiting for impressions on dx50 before i pull the trigger). Could you please quickly describe the difference in sound the VorzAMP makes and if there is any hiss with this combination? i know westone 4r is a little too sensitive for some amps.
Thanks!

Thanks. :) first and foremost the VorzAMP is a really solid amp physically. no qualms whatsoever on the built and finish. as for the sound, i would describe it as "charming". the strong point on this amp is its midrange. vocals just sound so amazing. the bass is deep and detailed without sacrificing the impact and speed. both sides of the spectrum extend well with just a slight rolloff on the upper treble side yet still very detailed. as for hiss i do not detect any from the W4r as this amp is the low gain version. i use it mainly with iems.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #5,228 of 37,618
Quote:
My Current Office Rig:

iPhone 4S - CLAS Solo - Rx Mk3-B - Forza Interconnects - Aurisonics ASG2

I like this rig Jason36! Very portable but with terrific quality. Nice!

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #5,229 of 37,618
Quote:
I like this rig Jason36! Very portable but with terrific quality. Nice!

Cheers mate,

I wouldn't want to carry it in my pocket...but yes it is fairly transportable and sounds excellent. I am really impresed with the ASG2, the only problem is they make my Tzar 350 sound anemic when I go back to them :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #5,230 of 37,618
My Stax iem set up

Source : iPhone 4 s
Dac : cyberlabs Class -dB 1,69 Vrms version
Amp : Stax Srm 002 mk2 with external battery diy
Iem : Stax sr 002 mk 2
Cable : Venture Craft mini to mini
Lod to mini USB stock from Cyberlabs

Is not so many head fi friends like electrostatic Stax iem
SQ : like full size headphone , sound tube like

Minus only the fitting in my ears

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #5,234 of 37,618
Quote:
My Stax iem set up

Source : iPhone 4 s
Dac : cyberlabs Class -dB 1,69 Vrms version
Amp : Stax Srm 002 mk2 with external battery diy
Iem : Stax sr 002 mk 2
Cable : Venture Craft mini to mini
Lod to mini USB stock from Cyberlabs

Is not so many head fi friends like electrostatic Stax iem
SQ : like full size headphone , sound tube like

Minus only the fitting in my ears

Hi Rudi

I am a big fan of seeing all your various setups... i am interested in this portable stax combo... can you let me know the need of diy battery and what fitting issue too big/small with the iem?

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #5,235 of 37,618
Mad dogs + FiiO E12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back