Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #5,191 of 37,672
Quote:
580205_181781145323953_422177153_n.jpg

Lol. What a portable rig.
Just a quick question. Do you guys actually carry open back headphones outside and use it portably(like in car, cafe, workplace...)

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #5,193 of 37,672
Quote:
Lol. What a portable rig.
Just a quick question. Do you guys actually carry open back headphones outside and use it portably(like in car, cafe, workplace...)

Very good question.  To be honest its for around the house (bed, couch, floor, upside down stuck to the ceiling fan again) and in the car. But never for outside (public spaces).  I plan on gettting some eim heir audio traz 350 one day so I can actually take my portable rig outside for a hike or into a cafe or just a long walk with my dog.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #5,194 of 37,672
Quote:
Very good question.  To be honest its for around the house (bed, couch, floor, upside down stuck to the ceiling fan again) and in the car. But never for outside (public spaces).  I plan on gettting some eim heir audio traz 350 one day so I can actually take my portable rig outside for a hike or into a cafe or just a long walk with my dog.

I must admit, i sometimes look pretty funny walking the dog with my side pack with ipod/CLAS/Pico Power or Lisa ll stack and wearing Ed8 LE.  

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #5,198 of 37,672
My revamped rig. just love the portability and sound!:) used to own the DX100. amazing DAP, but the battery life and size just didnt come to terms with my priorities as my job requires me to travel often. :frowning2: i normally just pack the W4 and ak100 on the go and use them with an amp at the office/home.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #5,200 of 37,672
Quote:
Nice pics indeed.

Mind to share what cable is that attached to your W4?

The cable is called Cadence. done by a local head-fier named Fonebone in Singapore. silver stranded cable with sleeving. really amazing craftsmanship and well thought through cable. flexible with no memory at all and will not coil out of shape.  the choke and splitter is made of 2 pieces of milled metal piece respectively. the cable matches well sonically with my W4. really brings focus to the details. when i 1st heard them, i had a feeling of de-ja-vu back to the time when i first made my 1st pair of glasses. strikingly clear and vivid. :) i was actually coming from the silver dragon v1 and was surprised how good these cables are. the ergonomics of the cable is what i liked most. extremely comfortable.  overall a truely solid cable!

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #5,201 of 37,672
Quote:
The cable is called Cadence. done by a local head-fier named Fonebone in Singapore. silver stranded cable with sleeving. really amazing craftsmanship and well thought through cable. flexible with no memory at all and will not coil out of shape.  the choke and splitter is made of 2 pieces of milled metal piece respectively. the cable matches well sonically with my W4. really brings focus to the details. when i 1st heard them, i had a feeling of de-ja-vu back to the time when i first made my 1st pair of glasses. strikingly clear and vivid. :) i was actually coming from the silver dragon v1 and was surprised how good these cables are. the ergonomics of the cable is what i liked most. extremely comfortable.  overall a truely solid cable!

Can you inform how much it costs? I am desperately in need of a new cable for my W4R

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #5,202 of 37,672
Quote:
My revamped rig. just love the portability and sound!:) used to own the DX100. amazing DAP, but the battery life and size just didnt come to terms with my priorities as my job requires me to travel often. :frowning2: i normally just pack the W4 and ak100 on the go and use them with an amp at the office/home.

Another great profile from an AK100/amp.  I bet it pockets great...

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #5,203 of 37,672
Quote:

Damn, that's a good looking rig.
I didn't remember it being so good looking when I had it!

Haha, glad u r enjoying it.
Happy it found a good home.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #5,204 of 37,672
More curious than anything but I see my ONE armband-based portable setup (pics a page or three earlier) and that's it. And a lot of bricks. Some more transportable than portable.

Am I the only person using armbands to be portable?

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #5,205 of 37,672
Quote:
More curious than anything but I see my ONE armband-based portable setup (pics a page or three earlier) and that's it. And a lot of bricks. Some more transportable than portable.

Am I the only person using armbands to be portable?

I have ONLY portable rigs (Tera and AK120) without amps, but I do not find armbands really convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back