Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #5,042 of 37,648
Quote:
Ah, I should've known! Maybe if I knew the F-series was android then I would have figured it.

What's the app called, might I ask?

Espier Launcher. Once you download it, you will have an app that will allow you to download the iOS 7 theme as well as the lock screen theme if you want it and notification center theme if you want it. The best part of it all is, the theme is a hybrid of Android and iOS because I still have widgets and stuff so I get the best of both worlds.

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #5,043 of 37,648
Quote:
Potentially, but I got this 32gb Walkman for around $200 while a 32gb iPod Touch goes for $300. Moreover, and iPod does not have the equalizer capabilities, sound capabilities, etc. capabilities that this Walkman does. I am content with my Walkman.

There are equalizer apps, and some of them work quite well, but I don't think there's anything that can duplicate the Sony Clear Bass. Can't argue with a $100 price difference either.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #5,044 of 37,648
Quote:

There are equalizer apps, and some of them work quite well, but I don't think there's anything that can duplicate the Sony Clear Bass. Can't argue with a $100 price difference either.
smile_phones.gif

I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your points well taken

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #5,045 of 37,648
I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too.
Well it is better than the "audiophile daps" I bought...in general you need to wait for 10 updates for them to work correctly :)

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #5,047 of 37,648
Quote:
I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your points well taken

Which is why my 3Gs is running 6.1.3 lol :p

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #5,048 of 37,648
Quote:
I am also hoping this Walkman will last me a long time because Apple makes their devices so that they begin to break down after a year or two. For example, after a year or so you cannot update to the newest software on Apple devices but that maybe the case with Sony too. But your point(s) well taken

Well, breaking down and not being able to run the newest software are two different things. I have an iPod from 2006 that works perfectly, long after being discontinued. In reference to the iOS devices, yeah, after a couple years the player might struggle with the newest software, but that doesn't mean that it stops working altogether with the older software either.

As to your Walkman, as an Android device, it will be interesting to see how it goes forward from here....does yours have Gingerbread,  ICS or Jellybean? 
Quote:
Well it is better than the "audiophile daps" I bought...in general you need to wait for 10 updates for them to work correctly
smily_headphones1.gif

That's one of the reasons for the quote from shigzeo in my signature.....
darthsmile.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #5,050 of 37,648
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #5,051 of 37,648
Quote:

Cowon J3=>ATH-ES10

Looks sweet!
Haven't seen someone with the standard J3 UI in a long time, though :D

Did you already take a look at all the other cool options?

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #5,053 of 37,648
Quote:

Well, breaking down and not being able to run the newest software are two different things. I have an iPod from 2006 that works perfectly, long after being discontinued. In reference to the iOS devices, yeah, after a couple years the player might struggle with the newest software, but that doesn't mean that it stops working altogether with the older software either.

As to your Walkman, as an Android device, it will be interesting to see how it goes forward from here....does yours have Gingerbread,  ICS or Jellybean? 

That's one of the reasons for the quote from shigzeo in my signature.....
darthsmile.gif

Your point is well taken. I think, however, with with DAPs like iPods that do not have any "special" software, the situation is a little different. Nevertheless, I gotcha. As for my Walkman, it is running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) .

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #5,054 of 37,648
Espier Launcher. Once you download it, you will have an app that will allow you to download the iOS 7 theme as well as the lock screen theme if you want it and notification center theme if you want it. The best part of it all is, the theme is a hybrid of Android and iOS because I still have widgets and stuff so I get the best of both worlds.

I shall download it and give it a shot! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back