Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,917 of 37,617
Quote:
What amp is that you're running in that rig?

Nice looking rig you got there, btw :)

Woodcans is using the spectacularly neutral and transparent Meier Audio Corda 2Stepdance - a descendant of the Stepdance that has better battery life, an external gain control switch, and a flatter case (better for stacking).  Like the Stepdance, it uses an internal 9V battery or external PSU or battery packs up to 15V (for voltage swings approaching 30V, if desired to drive the likes of LCD-2 with authority), is known for having a spectacularly low noise floor (even with noise-sensitive IEMs like the Shure SE530), a totally silent, digitally controlled 32-step volume control that uses relays to literally stack op-amps as needed to increase output, and lastly, if all that's not enough to pique someone's appreciation, Jan Meier's Active Balance feature, that very effectively simulates a balanced amp by compensating the impedance fluctuations normally "felt" by transducers that share a common ground (allowing you to enjoy balanced isolation of the drivers while still using single-ended cables).

In short, Woodcans is using an amp that's truly worthy of the Tera Player - and I'm green with envy!   
tongue_smile.gif

Mike

May 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #3,918 of 37,617
May 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #3,920 of 37,617

Woodcans is using the spectacularly neutral and transparent Meier Audio Corda 2Stepdance - a descendant of the Stepdance that has better battery life, an external gain control switch, and a flatter case (better for stacking).  Like the Stepdance, it uses an internal 9V battery or external PSU or battery packs up to 15V (for voltage swings approaching 30V, if desired to drive the likes of LCD-2 with authority), is known for having a spectacularly low noise floor (even with noise-sensitive IEMs like the Shure SE530), a totally silent, digitally controlled 32-step volume control that uses relays to literally stack op-amps as needed to increase output, and lastly, if all that's not enough to pique someone's appreciation, Jan Meier's Active Balance feature, that very effectively simulates a balanced amp by compensating the impedance fluctuations normally "felt" by transducers that share a common ground (allowing you to enjoy balanced isolation of the drivers while still using single-ended cables).

In short, Woodcans is using an amp that's truly worthy of the Tera Player - and I'm green with envy!   
tongue_smile.gif

Mike

Thanks Mike for the detailed explanation! Much appreciated:)

From what you describe and how it looks, it surely does sound like quite the promising amp with plentiful awesome features.

Wish I was in possession of one of those!

May 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3,922 of 37,617
Quote:

Wow! Now I know why this little combo sounds so good fantastic! 
size]

May 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #3,923 of 37,617
My ultrasone signature Pro excellent set up :

Source : AK 100 mod stage 2
Amp : RSA RS 71 B latest version
Headphone : ultrasone Sig Pro
Cable : Ventura Craft mini to mini limited edition series
Oyaide headphone cable

May 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3,926 of 37,617

Wow! Now I know why this little combo sounds so good fantastic! 
size]

Darn, now I'll have to buy my 2stepdance back and buy a tera... :xf_eek:

May 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,927 of 37,617
He knows that, He's only joking dude!
IMO You win flat out anyway lol.
If I were to win anything at this rate it would be member with the largest Sony collection lol!

And slightly off topic, Heres my other money pit - 

Too many mods to list here, But Ive done loads to her and she was stock when I bought her And Im no where neaar finished yet,
This year I have some new body work to do, Shes being slammed to the deck & having some light tuning done.
She's a Fiesta ZS and she's called "8Ball" The picture below is her sister "Lucky7" A Fiesta RS with tons of Body mods
My older brothers gf's car...

"8Ball" -

"Lucky7" -

Sod it, Here's the rest of the family, My younger bro's 4 Motion Golf - 

My Older brothers Clio 172 Cup -

My future sister in law's Bora next to "8Ball" - 

And my Best mates VXR - 

So yes, A passion for modified and performance cars runs through our family's blood and our nearest and dearest!!! :D
And no, Not one of them is standard, Not by a long shot lol!  

The quickest two are the 4motion and the VXR, My brother hasnt tuned the Golf yet so the VXR has the edge with a Stage 2 remap & the stage 2 parts to go with etc.
In the end it's always gonna be a Volkswagen lol no harsh feelings man it's just not my style

May 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3,928 of 37,617
Quote:
In the end it's always gonna be a Volkswagen lol no harsh feelings man it's just not my style

Love your little slot cars!  They look fun to drive...............

My wife's Jetta with a programmer gets high 40's fuel mileage (TDI diesel) and is a blast to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back