Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #3,676 of 37,653
Ongyi, your from the head fi meet right! If so then i am glad you have finally got your gear through, it looks great! How is the gold/silver cable as you only tried my silver cable on the 1plus2. Also, remember get everything burning in, it will get a lot better :wink:

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3,677 of 37,653
Quote:
Ongyi, your from the head fi meet right! If so then i am glad you have finally got your gear through, it looks great! How is the gold/silver cable as you only tried my silver cable on the 1plus2. Also, remember get everything burning in, it will get a lot better :wink:

Yup Sonny its me. I couldn't really compare much between our 1plus2s right now as I only got less than 5 mins of listening time at the meet and TBH the listening conditions weren't really ideal. But I guess on the top of the list I would say that my silver/gold sound a bit more siblant than your silver, which is kind of the opposite of the general opinion from probably all the other reviews on the 1plus2 thread. I guess it might have something to do with burn-in maybe.
I also hear a bit more mids on my silver/gold but at the cost of soundstage, not to say that the soundstage is narrow or anything. in fact amazingly the soundstage is actually wider than my m-100s. 
Details wise I couldn't recall which cable gives more details but I can confirm that the 1plus2 has the best details I've ever heard from an iem. Same thing goes to the bass and instrument separation. 
Even without any burning in, the 1plus2 already has the wow factor that is off the chart, I just can't wait until its fully burnt in. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #3,678 of 37,653
Quote:
Going off the serial number it is: iPod (5th generation Late 2006)—also known as iPod with video or Fifth Generation iPod.

I still become confused about it all, but that's what this site and the serial number tell me.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353#ipodfifth2

regular_smile .gif

The 5th Gen. iPod uses a Wolfson DAC chip which many consider to be the best iPod sound. The 6th and so called 7th (IPC) use Cirrus Logic chips.
Short version of SQ diff Wolfson = warmth  C.L. = clarity.

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3,679 of 37,653
Here we go Gents (and Ladies) look what Uncle H20 has for you today.

Ipod Video (80gb) (I scored for $20 on eBay) / C&C BH Amp / T-Peos H-200 Triple Hybrid (the new kid in town)

And yes, you guessed it, my Rhapsodio amp bands glow in the dark. :wink:

Hey man how do you think that an imodded 5.5 would stand up to the ck4+, it might be an excellent comparison

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #3,680 of 37,653
Quote:
iPhone 4S -> GoDap DD Socket 1(MUSES02) -> Tralucent T1-> Tralucent 1plus2 (silver/gold cable)
Just got everything in this setup (except) iPhone today; so far it's already giving me goosebumps.

Can you give us a better picture please, I cant see what is happening here. Thanks.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3,683 of 37,653
4th Gen iPod Touch 32 gb dual locked to my JDS Labs C421 driving my M-Audio Q40's (outfitted with V-moda cable and Shure 840 pads - uber comfy).

This combo gets it...........with the bass boost on the C421 and the Q40 being a basshead dream, these thump.

Apr 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #3,684 of 37,653
The 5th Gen. iPod uses a Wolfson DAC chip which many consider to be the best iPod sound. The 6th and so called 7th (IPC) use Cirrus Logic chips.
Short version of SQ diff Wolfson = warmth  C.L. = clarity.

Thanks!

Hey man how do you think that an imodded 5.5 would stand up to the ck4+, it might be an excellent comparison

Good question, I really couldn't tell you the answer, one thing the CK4 has over the iPod Video is detailing depth / extension, and instrument seperation also the staging has a bigger headstage. Without hearing an iMod I just don't know how much further it takes these areas. I've considered an iMod but I'm unsure.

Audio Minor sell them on eBay also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250933947907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #3,685 of 37,653
Quote:
Im diggin the artwork on your JH16s! Really nice.

Thanks! Thought I would bust out a little company pride for the logo art.

The pico slim really is an awesome IEM amp. I love listening to the CLAS -DB / ALO Rx MKIII balanced combo, but there is something to be said for tiny, perfect channel balance, and the lowest noise floor possible.

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #3,686 of 37,653
Quote:
Here we go Gents (and Ladies) look what Uncle H20 has for you today.

Ipod Video (80gb) (I scored for $20 on eBay) / C&C BH Amp / T-Peos H-200 Triple Hybrid (the new kid in town)

And yes, you guessed it, my Rhapsodio amp bands glow in the dark.
wink.gif

Care to comment on the T-Peos H-200s?

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #3,687 of 37,653

Ipod 5th 30gb - shure se530x8 by unique melody - Beat sapphire cable

Waiting for a Fiio e11 I get next week to fill the lack of bass......especially after listening for 3 weeks to the asg 1.2 to cover the wait

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #3,688 of 37,653
They were in LA yesterday!
And now in the UK the other half's V80's have arrived. 
I'm making sure all is sound before handing them over.
Of course it has nothing to do with the fact I want some V-Moda's and 
haven't had the chance to listen to any yet lol.......

Anyway, For now the 4s, Mundorf Gold, E17 & the V80's themselves...

And yep, I definately want a set for myself lol!!! 
biggrin.gif

I love my HD25's but I have to say these sound REALLY good. Better than my Grado SR60's!

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #3,690 of 37,653
Quote:
Not lack of bass, more like controlled and accurate vs bloated
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree.
out of all the amps I own the E11 is my least favourite & the one that annoys me the most, 
Wish I'ld never listened to " Get the E11, Its ideal for what you need " comments lol!
Its a horrid amp IMO, I ended up getting a TCG Audio T-box for far less wonga, yet its a far tighter, more detailed amp than the 
E11 can ever hope to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back