Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 13, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #2,762 of 37,648
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,763 of 37,648
Mar 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #2,764 of 37,648
Quote:
Which is your favorite? Please say SONY.

Actually Both lol!
It would be Sony all day long IF I could find a way to run from the line out on it without having to use the dock.

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,765 of 37,648
Well seeing as Turokrocks showed an interest in the Sony, :- Something new for the thread,
Since making a start on my Beyer Hybrid project I've been meaning to try them out on my Viao Pocket, 
So why not today....
Im listening to Sophie Sugar's Symphony 11, Which is something faster and more bass intense than I have used these cans for yet.
The cans themselves, Are DT531 drivers fitted in a DT770 Premium enclosure with 770 Pro headband.
They actually handled it very well, With a good articulate sound, Not too bright and good bass extension without struggling. 
Very impressed!

Sony Viao Pocket DAP > Beyer Hybrids...

Next thing on the list for these Hybrid's is a balanced Copper Widow from Toxic Cables
along with a balanced to single ended adaptor so I can still use them with the Sony for example! :)

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2,766 of 37,648
You said you could not afford the fostex or clas Paul. You are aware that buying LOTS of cheaper gear totals to even more when adding the sums? 
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,767 of 37,648
Quote:
You said you could not afford the fostex or clas Paul. You are aware that buying LOTS of cheaper gear totals to even more when adding the sums? 
tongue.gif

I am more than aware of this fact.
Thats why Im no longer pouncing on any 'Cheap' gear when it comes along and saving up for a decent iDevice orientated DAC. :)
I'm aiming higher now, Specifically at a portable DAC, A few cables I'll need, one pair of headphones over the £200 mark & a new desktop amp.
Thats my 2013 list lol.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,768 of 37,648
Quote:
Quote:
tongue.gif

I am more than aware of this fact.
Thats why Im no longer pouncing on any 'Cheap' gear when it comes along and saving up for a decent iDevice orientated DAC. :)
I'm aiming higher now, Specifically at a portable DAC, A few cables I'll need, one pair of headphones over the £200 mark & a new desktop amp.
Thats my 2013 list lol.

That sounds like a proper plan. Good on you Paul, good luck with it!

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #2,769 of 37,648
Don't know about that headphone jack being on the side of that Sony Vaio...looks like a right angled plug is a must.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,770 of 37,648
and quoting 9 pictures just to say "Nice rig" is super annoying. There's a better thread Jude is trying to resurrect - one picture, no words. Perfecto!

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,771 of 37,648
and quoting 9 pictures just to say "Nice rig" is super annoying. There's a better thread Jude is trying to resurrect - one picture, no words. Perfecto!

nice comment

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #2,772 of 37,648
Quote:
Don't know about that headphone jack being on the side of that Sony Vaio...looks like a right angled plug is a must.

Indeed I agree with you. Its an issue I have already thought out and have a solution plan in place.
This is why ALL of my cans gradually will be terminated with balanced interconnects ( Hirose for iBasso amps ), And I'll have a few adaptors 
with Hirose female balanced on one end, then either right angled interconnects for portable use or balanced XLR's for a balanced desk top amp I'll 
be getting towards the end of the year.
For any single ended iem's or headphones I'll have a small female to male jack cable, with the male being right angled.

Anyway, Back to the pictures eh folks?!

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2,773 of 37,648
Love this thread, just looking at all the pictures makes me wanna spend more $$ lol

I got a portable rig thats actually portable! My daughter found an ipod at the beach so I inherited it and when I bought a digital camera on ebay it came with a small zipper case. The case is perfect for the amp and ipod to fit inside.

When you stuff them inside, the earphone's cable comes out the top. The pouch has a belt clip so u can wear it. On the front of the pouch is another compartment where I keep my Sansa clip and another LOD.

iso 6000 ftw! (for you camera buffs)

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #2,775 of 37,648
Quote:
The Fireye Product Range with the Lear LCM-5 and the Custom Cans Uber modded HD25:

I need to see more of the above rig, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back