Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2,687 of 37,634
Quote:
No, I totally understand. Though my 801 has a screen it is so simple and with the settings I have only shows the smallest amount of info. I find that combined with that it is only on for ten seconds I am now focusing on the music rather than screen art or all the fancy stuff with touch screens and such. The Terra takes that one step further and I think it takes it to a more relaxing state which then focus's one on the music much more.

I used to be a total album art junkie. Downloading the highest res album cover google could find and tagging it. Turns out, I was wasting my time. 
basshead.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,688 of 37,634
Quote:

Having lived with a tera for several weeks now, I find that having a screen gets in the way of enjoying the music. With the tera, the music just plays, and not having to deal with a screen somehow brings me closer to the music. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Agreed! the screen makes you want to queue up your next songs... hahaha...

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #2,689 of 37,634
Quote:

Having lived with a tera for several weeks now, I find that having a screen gets in the way of enjoying the music. With the tera, the music just plays, and not having to deal with a screen somehow brings me closer to the music. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Well, I'm glad it works for you.
smile_phones.gif

But that reasoning does not work for me.  On the 2GB iPod Shuffle, that's one thing....when I had one, there was no intent on choosing specific things, I just hit "shuffle" and went about my business. But I could never live with a screenless device as my main player....one that can't even pause a track and then resume it....and is limited to .wav files, and...I'll stop now.
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #2,690 of 37,634
Quote:

Well, I'm glad it works for you.
smile_phones.gif

But that reasoning does not work for me.  On the 2GB iPod Shuffle, that's one thing....when I had one, there was no intent on choosing specific things, I just hit "shuffle" and went about my business. But I could never live with a screenless device as my main player....one that can't even pause a track and then resume it....and is limited to .wav files, and...I'll stop now.
wink.gif

Maybe because the ipod shuffle was meant to... shuffle? hahaha!

I get how it becomes a challenge for others, but when you try it, its just different...

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,691 of 37,634

Apple iPod Classic, JDS Labs C5, Shure SE530

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #2,693 of 37,634
Mar 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #2,695 of 37,634
Mar 10, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,697 of 37,634
Quote:
I want a festival pass! 
blink.gif

Starts at $100 for 5 minutes....

Just kidding xD There isn't one, unless I'm visiting the same area as you are in xD

Quote:
Got an address so I can send some of my "friends" to "visit" you ?

Uhh... No..?

Quote:

Soo many items on that table that are on my wishlist :frowning2: Lucky you!

You'll get there! It takes patience and finding out your audio setup has been a lie for 12 years.

Quote:

You lie...I know you have way way way more than that!!

That's what I have on me right now... Haha!

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #2,698 of 37,634
Hi :)
Also I use the cmoy on my laptop and it sounds great

Cheers

One of my portable set

Samsung S2
CMOY Dual chip LM6171 & LM4562
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #2,700 of 37,634

Users who are viewing this thread

Back