Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 24, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #1,562 of 37,643
Quote:
its more wondering why you would buy a TP
wink.gif

Please someone open up a Tera Player and show me what they have done to produce such quality with that size / fool us all

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #1,564 of 37,643
Please someone open up a Tera Player and show me what they have done to produce such quality with that size / fool us all

Oh I think about buying one everyday since I had mine over for review. I have not opened it up but I know it uses an R-2R Ladder DAC (forgot its name) and I can tell you I have tried two and they are the best DACs I have heard. The other is in my MyST PortaDAC. The TP has a slight bass roll off but other than it is magically transparent and detailed.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #1,565 of 37,643
Quote:
Oh I think about buying one everyday since I had mine over for review. I have not opened it up but I know it uses an R-2R Ladder DAC (forgot its name) and I can tell you I have tried two and they are the best DACs I have heard. 

Really?
That's rather primitive. Can it even do full 16 bit conversions?

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,567 of 37,643
Quote:
Nice one ! But does the Tera player really benefit from amping ?

Yep, especially about power wise.

Quote:
 ~That is a tasty looking IC you got there. Looks like 2 strands of Piccolino + some heavy insulated silver?

It's DIRIGENT Red Label, if I'm not mistaken, it's almost twice as expensive as piccolino m2m 
tongue.gif

Quote:
are we really amping a TP. It sounds so good on its own and this surely is an inferior amp, in fact most i have tried are, it is also double amping as TP has now line out....

Yes, that's the double amping, but the Tera does has very clean headphone out even at max volume, so I don't find any distort problem there.

For IEM, adding this amp is more about taste, the ortofon really make the vocal become so sweet and so enjoyable, better than just direct to Tera. Also, we get bonus more power to drive headphone, though the ortofon isn't really a very powerful amp. (Technicality wise I don't find the ortofon offering more detail or cleaner separation)

I don't know much about the Tera Player and your mini-2-mini but I'm glad to see you have the Ortofon MHd-Q7! That's one of my new fav portable amps these days!! Beautiful 3D rendering with that amp.

Nay, they're not mine, but my friend instead 
tongue.gif

What I like the most about MHD-Q7 is how they presented the midrange, it's just so sweet and has a good realism feeling. It's not very neutral amp, I feel a little coloration that can improve the singer emotion, so it's coloration in a good way indeed. I just a bit complain about the soundstage, sometimes I feel it's too narrow.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #1,570 of 37,643
New LOD arrived today, EACE ACON-1 (asked for low profile). I love the size (1 inch wire, 3.12 total), it's so tiny compared to the FiiO L9 which I thought was really small when I got it. Haven't tried it for too long but it feels like the sound is tighter now, more weight to the sub-bass and the treble opened up a bit.

Thanks Dennis!

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,571 of 37,643
Quote:
New LOD arrived today, EACE ACON-1 (asked for low profile). I love the size (1 inch wire, 3.12 total), it's so tiny compared to the FiiO L9 which I thought was really small when I got it. Haven't tried it for too long but it feels like the sound is tighter now, more weight to the sub-bass and the treble opened up a bit.

Thanks Dennis!

Dennis makes some superb cables. I have the EACE Silver Leopard and its awesome!
I also have the LOD to RCA copper cable. 

Nice rig :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #1,572 of 37,643
Quote:

Really?
That's rather primitive. Can it even do full 16 bit conversions?

Its actually very very very good. 16 bit of course, over wireless and USB and 24 bit (full 24 bit) over optical and coax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back