Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 17, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #18,286 of 37,623
I need more time with them. These are the only mobile over-ears I've listened to for more than thirty seconds. I didn't know what to expect. They are no HD600s. :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #18,291 of 37,623

I've had worse starts to my day.

Another Shozy morning. What a neat little contraption. Nothing better than not getting texts or updates while listening to tunes. :)

That's why i have a dedicated DAP for music and phone is just for SMS and calls :D

Nov 18, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #18,293 of 37,623
Yeah, the email and texting fools I work with can't reach my Alien! Pure Bliss!

Firewalled beeches!! :p

I use my Mojo with my phone when stationary on the train (2 hours trip each way per day), on aeroplane mode (limited reception anyway.)
Then as soon as I need to walk to work from station (and half the time because I am too lazy to get my dac out of my bag) its alien all the way.

I wish there was a way I could just plug my alien into my Mojo.  Alas.

I love the simple interface of the alien.  Heck most of the time I just put it on random and zone out.
Hmm come to think of it I use it on the train a hell of a lot haha.

Can safely say the Alien is a zero remorse audio purchase.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #18,294 of 37,623
The X5 drives these Sennheiser M2s much better than my AK120ii. They sound much thicker, richer, and more dynamic.

I am both pleased and dismayed. The Senns were meant to be an alternative to my IEMs whenever and wherever I didn't feel like sticking things in my ear. Instead, they are only an alternative if I'm using the X5. That drastically limits their use.

I really expected them to be easier to drive.

Nov 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #18,295 of 37,623
Firewalled beeches!! :p

I use my Mojo with my phone when stationary on the train (2 hours trip each way per day), on aeroplane mode (limited reception anyway.)
Then as soon as I need to walk to work from station (and half the time because I am too lazy to get my dac out of my bag) its alien all the way.

I wish there was a way I could just plug my alien into my Mojo.  Alas.

I love the simple interface of the alien.  Heck most of the time I just put it on random and zone out.
Hmm come to think of it I use it on the train a hell of a lot haha.

Can safely say the Alien is a zero remorse audio purchase.

Wow...and I was bummed b/c I had an hour and a half drive one way to work! Are you able to work while commuting or is it wasted time? At least Alien is there to comfort you a bit!

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #18,296 of 37,623
Wow...and I was bummed b/c I had an hour and a half drive one way to work! Are you able to work while commuting or is it wasted time? At least Alien is there to comfort you a bit!

Sadly a lot of my work requires access to cloud / databases and with limited cell reception its pretty much wasted time.

With work fkat out and a young family at home i use it to zone out to some tunes and relax.

Been on the fence on getting some ciems again for a while. May as well block out the world entirely. Ha-ha.

Yeah the alie is my bro hahaha.

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #18,298 of 37,623
  iPod Touch 6 128GB with an assist. Need some proper bands and a non CCK cable...

How do the XBA-H3 sound with the Mojo? i had them and sold for the XBA-A3 because H3 were too bassy for my taste

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #18,300 of 37,623
  How do the XBA-H3 sound with the Mojo? i had them and sold for the XBA-A3 because H3 were too bassy for my taste

No experience with the A3 as I have never seen them in my local market. The H3 were a step up from many older generation Shure and Sony products. They in turn lead to a set of Z5s then upgraded cables and finally Shure SE846 with ADL cables. I think each performs in accord with their price point. I don't find the H3 too bassy but compared to my other gear they lack clarity and detail. That said, out of the Mojo, my Sony Z7s totally transform tunes even in comparison to the generally well regarded SE846. For me the Z7 are too over the top to be considered true portables. 

For my portable gear I go Sony  H3 < Sony Z5 < Shure SE846 < Masters & Dynamic MH40 < Sony Z7 

Tracks considered:

Hugh Laurie St James Infirmary, Six Cold Feet, Buddy Bolden's Blues 44.1 kHz AAC
Michael Jackson Slave to the Rhythm, A Place With No Name 96kHz FLAC

Onkyo HF Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back