Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #18,274 of 37,669
@Turrican2 Some people wouldn't call this setup tiny, you know. :) Any sandwich in fact.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #18,279 of 37,669
I was actually considering the paw 5k for a transport for my mojo.
How does it perform digital out side?

If you mean how does the paw5k headphone out compare to the mojo? It is 'ok'.  If you play with the PMEQ it is possible to get a nice sound out of the 5k but it took me a while to find something I liked.  I use it when I run sometimes and it's a good little player, I  personally love the 'retro'  UI and the wheel.  However, once you introduce the Mojo into the mix everything changes for the better, much better.  The Mojo is incredibly musical and enjoyable, for me this is a good mix of portability (once I lose the massive optical cable that is) and quality.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #18,280 of 37,669
I like more the Mojo headphone out, because its more transparent. Althoug i find the DX80 headphone out very good on its own, better than the dx90 for me because its more relaxed and refined, with the mids a little more forward.

Still burn in though...

Nov 17, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #18,281 of 37,669
If you mean how does the paw5k headphone out compare to the mojo? It is 'ok'.  If you play with the PMEQ it is possible to get a nice sound out of the 5k but it took me a while to find something I liked.  I use it when I run sometimes and it's a good little player, I  personally love the 'retro'  UI and the wheel.  However, once you introduce the Mojo into the mix everything changes for the better, much better.  The Mojo is incredibly musical and enjoyable, for me this is a good mix of portability (once I lose the massive optical cable that is) and quality.

Thanks for that :)

I was referring to the optical out however :)
As far as I was aware the dap only does 24/96? This would still be true via optical yeah?
I too love the retro ui and form factor.

Nov 17, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #18,284 of 37,669
New phones came in today.

AK120ii>Sennheiser Momentum 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back