Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #18,316 of 37,694
I've never heard anything more analogue-sounding than the AK120ii.

When I pared the X5 Classic with the ATH-IM04, it was remarkably close to the the sound of my TubeMagic D1 Plus>Airmotiv 4s. So warm and rich!

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #18,319 of 37,694

A nice combo for a rainy evening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn...talk about lucky.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #18,320 of 37,694

A nice combo for a rainy evening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Be in a tent during that rain for me as you have a 4 mortgage payment rig there
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #18,321 of 37,694
Sorry, I misquoted your Rig DMinor.

Really love to build one like yours.
What is the amp and the spec for the iod 5.5 u2

The amp is the UHA6S.MK2 and ipod is a diymod (direct out to LOD pins from dac). The whole setup is free of caps as the Leckerton amp has a well-designed servo circuit to compensate for the DC bias. All caps, no matter how good they are, will color audio to some degree especially in the lower frequency range. A good amp shall transparently take the analog audio to your phones without coloring. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #18,323 of 37,694

I want that cover!

I understand as I absolutely love it, in fact I got a couple of these custom made cases as my girl was trying to perfecting it. So I end up with getting a pair of these amps since I have so many diymods. This hobby is individual specific and the bottom line is to have some fun while enjoying music. Enjoying music alone has literally nothing to do with gears. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #18,324 of 37,694
I understand as I absolutely love it, in fact I got a couple of these custom made cases as my girl was trying to perfecting it. So I end up with getting a pair of these amps since I have so many diymods. This hobby is individual specific and the bottom line is to have some fun while enjoying music. Enjoying music alone has literally nothing to do with gears. 

Agreed! I was jamming to a old Pearl Jam bootleg cassette I have had since 1994 on my Walkman! The feeling is still there!

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #18,326 of 37,694
Agreed! I was jamming to a old Pearl Jam bootleg cassette I have had since 1994 on my Walkman! The feeling is still there!

If you just talk about SQ, any setup to me is a failure with the following regardless of the cost ....

1. dirty background, i.e. hiss (don't tell me you can't hear it with music playing, of course not)
2. colored sound (e.g. muddy sound, etc, up to each individual to interpret)
3. dead-fish treble (treble to audio is like melody to music and blood flow to health)

I am not bass head as long as it's not hollow or too shallow. I prefer good and extended bass to quantity, given a choice I have to make.

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #18,327 of 37,694
it would take me just under a year to save enough for that sadly.

i need a better job but that said it took a long time to get this one now.

I understand. I got mine for $1040 from a Head-fi'er, and I consider that a terribly large amount to spend on a music player.

Damn, does it sound good, though.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #18,328 of 37,694
Thanks DMinor,

Wish I could mod my ipod like you

The amp is the UHA6S.MK2 and ipod is a diymod (direct out to LOD pins from dac). The whole setup is free of caps as the Leckerton amp has a well-designed servo circuit to compensate for the DC bias. All caps, no matter how good they are, will color audio to some degree especially in the lower frequency range. A good amp shall transparently take the analog audio to your phones without coloring. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #18,329 of 37,694
Impossible to get a flattering shot on the bus...

AK120 Titan > Mojo > Vorzuge Pure II+ > Layla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back