Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #9,151 of 37,711
  @spurxiii

Beautiful photo! I wish to use it as my wallpaper
beerchug.gif

Thanks please do

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #9,152 of 37,711
I wish the same think like you balance line out and it is better that IBasso for their future balance DACs and Amps and DAPs use RSA connector
I think they can sell more , because most of brand use RSA balance connector
Like : ALO , Cypher Labs , RSA , Centrance

Hi Rudi

Unfortunately, the reality tells us that balance line out is not the most desired feature in the market. I think you can consider upgrade your AK120 to RWAK120-b as it is the only balance portable source in the market.

I totally agree with you that there should be a standardized balance connector for portable gears Consumers can spend money on building adapters for SQ but not connectivity and have more excuses to buy more portable amps
biggrin.gif
. I actually quite like the hirose 6 pin. Some DIY-ers are using hirose 4-pin, too. Again, if majority is using RSA, then RSA it is.
L3000.gif

I see you have a beautiful custom RSA female to 1/8" adapter, may I know where you purchase this?

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #9,153 of 37,711

Quote:
  Some of My Various Rigs over the last twelve months. I have more but need to dig them out from my gallery.
Ive certainly come a long way since I joined Head-Fi!
Im really enjoying this hobby and I have some big plans for next year.
I'll mostly be concentration on my main Hi-Fi and turntable setup but I have a few more little things planned for my headphone rigs, both portable and desktop.

Here's to a happy new year and due to my move in two weeks, I can at last get all my gear out of storage and get things how I really want them.

Loads missing but You get the idea lol.

Amazing collection you have there. I really hope you can get your things the way you like the most (if you ever need more space, I can offer you a corner at my home dedicated just for your rigs 
rolleyes.gif
)
Keep the photos coming!

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #9,154 of 37,711
Haven't posted here in a while. Annual Sum Up of Portables!

My Source/UERM. Currently UERM is my main iem.

But here's more! The GR07 and BA200 are from 2 fellow head-fiers(borrowing them), and the earpods are my gf's. Missing from the picture is my favorite MDR7550, as it is lent.

I also have few portable hps, including:
KEF M500: lent to gf
Voxoa HD Wireless: lent to my friend
SRH940: If you consider it a portable. Left in US.
Sony V6: If you consider it a portable. One of my classic fav.

I am more of a portable/iem guy!

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #9,157 of 37,711
I have a big problem now b/c of listening to too much music. I stayed past 2 last night thanks to these toys and had to get up at 6 for work this morning. Ouch.

I made this LOD yesterday and really love it. In fact, it is blowing my mind as we speak and I am scratching my head. I thought I am done with the LOD's after having DIY'ed so many, now I have to do a couple more to confirm my thinking.

TBH I have never expected the in-ear audio from this gear could sound this good. It's ridiculously good. That thick of sound is so rich, airy, wide open yet controlled/tightened, milky smooth and elastic, absolutely crystal-clear background. I can feel the weight of the sound. That's not even funny.

If that 256GB CF works, these DMod's are definitely bombs.
wink_face.gif

Now, I don't believe those $200 LOD's hyped and sold to the fools (sorry guys if you bought and I didn't really mean that) but I do believe those $800 LOD's (if there are any) not hyped but sold to the fool-proof audiophiles. :)  Let me say this, those silver/gold wires and other frequently hyped wires (don't want to name them) are pretty much all baloney. Yes they make a slight difference, but that difference may or may not be even preferred depending on your taste. Please don't flame me for saying this, as I have bought/tried many different "quality" wires and speak from my own experience of course. Also I am only talking about the LOD as I have not tried other cables. I am basically focusing on the audio path before amp.

Now I have a new "theory" after hearing this new LOD, and I am pretty sure what it is as I previously made another LOD using the exact wires except ......

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #9,158 of 37,711
Hi Rudi

Unfortunately, the reality tells us that balance line out is not the most desired feature in the market. I think you can consider upgrade your AK120 to RWAK120-b as it is the only balance portable source in the market.

I totally agree with you that there should be a standardized balance connector for portable gears Consumers can spend money on building adapters for SQ but not connectivity and have more excuses to buy more portable amps :D . I actually quite like the hirose 6 pin. Some DIY-ers are using hirose 4-pin, too. Again, if majority is using RSA, then RSA it is. :L3000:

I see you have a beautiful custom RSA female to 1/8" adapter, may I know where you purchase this?

Hi
I purchase from Norse Audio USA , whiplash Audio and some my diy friend made for me

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #9,160 of 37,711
Today's travel rig: iPhone 4S, Venturecraft DD 12VLEE, Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 hybrid tube amp, & Mr.Speakers Alpha Dog in a Volk Tactical Regi (Sling) Pouch.

Sorry for the poor quality photo. Off my phone.

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #9,161 of 37,711
finally got my combo along with meenova and mogami cables. DX50 -> DB2 + PB2 via hirose -> Q701 (single end)

I just realized that AKG although on 62ohms are quite harder to drive. now I wish I could balance my Q's to that PB2 +20gain. I was reaching 3 o clock to full on classic jazz

6e4asa7y.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Get some Hirose connectors. The PB2 is SO much better from the balanced output!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #9,163 of 37,711
i wanted to but it would require my Q701 to be terminated isn't it? is there a 6 pin hirose to 1/8 jack adapter?

That wouldn't make it balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back