Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #8,911 of 37,664
  hahaha, when I saw your picture I thought it was part of the meeting from Rudi hahahaha, That stack plus an amp stack from Rudi would be pricelessssss

I am going to sell that stack to Rudi then ....
wink_face.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #8,912 of 37,664
Today my friend Sidrpm from Singapore has visit us in Jakarta.

We met for the first time together at Japan restaurant Sumiya STC Senayan

I bring some of my portable rigs for Sid

Below are our meet pictures :

At Sumiya japan Resto

Sid looking at my portable collection

d5b98e1c1ef9f1d2fdd2072aace879c3_zpsc920d3de.jpg

Rudi, it was my pleasure to meet you. Thanks for the pictures.

Btw - that was a look of lust when I was staring at "part" of your portable collection.

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #8,913 of 37,664
Mini meet with Sid from Singapore part 2

Source : iPhone 4 s mod by Alex
Dac : Cypher labs Class Solo original version
Amp : ALO Rx 3 B
Headphone : Abyss 1266
Cable : lod to USB diy by Alex
Mini to mini Wagnus Sputnik , Uber Cable and Diy by Alex

Sid was so serious listening my Abyss portable set up

According to his impression my set up above is much better than he heard with $ 11.000 USD Amp from Japan
There was surprise me
I am so sorry Sid to poison you with my set up above :D

I am very happy that we can share each other our audio experience
Thank you for show me your DSD recording , yesterday was my first time heard DSD recording

I have tried the Abyss before but it never sounded so good as it did with Rudi's portable setup. Am glad I did not part with my original Clas.

Alex's work is that of a pure genius. Was a pleasure to meet him after lunch along with Pitsel and Pita. What a great way to spend a Saturday in Jakarta. Obviously no trip is complete with visiting Mike@Headfonia and Alvon/Nico@Jaben. Thanks a lot guys. :beerchug:

Next plan it to try Rudi's Sony ZX1 and PHA2.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #8,915 of 37,664
I have tried the Abyss before but it never sounded so good as it did with Rudi's portable setup. Am glad I did not part with my original Clas.

Alex's work is that of a pure genius. Was a pleasure to meet him after lunch along with Pitsel and Pita. What a great way to spend a Saturday in Jakarta. Obviously no trip is complete with visiting Mike@Headfonia and Alvon/Nico@Jaben. Thanks a lot guys. :beerchug:

Next plan it to try Rudi's Sony ZX1 and PHA2.

I am very happy to meet you Sid

Here some more pictures

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #8,917 of 37,664
Thanks for your kind word sir :smile:

Frendly advice: Just be more careful next time you invite Mr. Rudi to come, he just has endless way to spread poison to other people :p

You are most welcome.

While I understand the "poison" process and believe me it was deep poison, I treat it more as a way of sharing our love for portables and eventually for the music. Yesterday was truly an unbelievable experience.:dt880smile:

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #8,918 of 37,664
One can really tell by the pictures that you impress Sid (and us to say the least) Your work is impressive Rudi, the way you transport your rigs, and the way you keep them, respect. May I ask, how many days did Sid have to enjoy your stuff?? If I ever meet with you, let me warn you by saying I would like to be at the table talking with you and listening to your rigs for about one month (every two months)  :beerchug:

Thank you for your compliment :D
He tried just one day about 8 hours
He stay until 27 Dec 2013 in Jakarta and next Tuesday I meet Sid again
He meet my friends too
He got to much poison from us
I am sorry Sid :D

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #8,923 of 37,664
One can really tell by the pictures that you impress Sid (and us to say the least) Your work is impressive Rudi, the way you transport your rigs, and the way you keep them, respect. May I ask, how many days did Sid have to enjoy your stuff?? If I ever meet with you, let me warn you by saying I would like to be at the table talking with you and listening to your rigs for about one month (every two months)  :beerchug:

Don you are absolutely correct. I am now secretly working on delaying my trip.... (shsh...don't tell Rudi)

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #8,924 of 37,664
  Here is my portable music library capable of loading up to 1,200 GB's. All but 3 are diymod's with various audio pills internally bridging the DAC and the LOD output pins lifted off boards.

Yeah lot of iPods but I am not done yet. :)  I just bought a 256GB CF card. If it works, that will be my ultimate dap.

Id be interested to know if that works too. I got 128gb CF card in my DIYmod, but its getting pretty close to full now.

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #8,925 of 37,664
  Id be interested to know if that works too. I got 128gb CF card in my DIYmod, but its getting pretty close to full now.

Will find out as soon as I receive it in a couple of weeks from China. It should work since the 256GB SDXC cards work with the Tarkan using a SD-CF adapter (according to Tarkan's web site). I will be surprised if it doesn't work. Nevertheless, I am offered to return for refund if it doesn't work.

If I were you, I would even consider a 2nd diymod with a 128GB CF as an alternative.

BTW, to my ears (surprisingly) the CF cards sound better than the SDXC cards on my diymods. I will stay away from the SDXC cards from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back