Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #8,536 of 37,613
I haven't checked into this thread in a while (300 unread pages of posts), but here's my current set-up, simply some Westone UM3X's driven by the worst source in the world, an HTC One. (My clip+ is out of juice 
mad.gif
)

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #8,540 of 37,613
  Is the htc one that bad as a source ? I thought it was at least rather decent from what i have heard

Okay, I'm sure it's not the WORST source in the world, but maybe the worst mainstream-smartphone source? I've used iPhone 3GS, 4S, 5S, and GS3 and GS4, and the one doesn't compare. 
In saying that however, I only use it as a source very rarely, and I'm no longer the avid audiophile I once was. I've become accustomed to my subtle satisfaction and appreciation of imperfection. (it's probably better that way, you guys no longer have to apologise about my wallet haha)
Quote:
Maybe they don't scale too well to Sansa?

Well my $30 sansa clip+ (rockboxed) out-performs the HTC. Draw your own conclusion :D (It can also play 24bit flac, my HTC had a fit when it tried)

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #8,543 of 37,613
  iPod Classic 160 Gb + CLAS -R +ALO RX mk3 B+ with the HE-500

Got any more pics???
And I don't suppose you have the RSA Intruder do you? If so any chance of a pic with it?

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #8,549 of 37,613
  Portable amps

The transportable TU-05 & TUR-06 shining it's beacon onto portable amps...................

Fancy giving the Intruder away? lol just kidding! Looks like a very nice collection there!
Have you tried the Intruder with iPhone5 yet? Does it work, If so is it a good combo?

Dec 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #8,550 of 37,613

Fancy giving the Intruder away? lol just kidding! Looks like a very nice collection there!
Have you tried the Intruder with iPhone5 yet? Does it work, If so is it a good combo?

I do not use Apple products unless I have too. However, I did buy an iPad mini and then the iPad Air to use as remote controls for the Lumin Music Player.................. 

Missing Ko Jo KM 01 and the new Mass Ko Bo 395 Gavin

Actually, besides the ASP pair, I will be selling every portable amp when I get time to list them so no, I will not be buying the two mentioned.

Edit: 
I may keep the 71B

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back