Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #12,346 of 37,782
  Does the harddrive being wireless effect the sound quality in any negative way?  

You have made a fair point and to my ears so far, I cannot detect any differences given that I have converted all my files to Apple Lossless format using dbPoweramp

Having said that, I will conduct more listening tests with full sized cans and speakers to compare below:

1. onkyo HD player playing files stored on ipod touch storage with airplane mode set to on. This is to check if shutting down the wifi on ipod touch will yield better usb audio out performance

2. 8player wifi reading the same files stored on wireless hdd and check if the usb audio out is being affected

I am thinking the Hugo is so excellent that it will eliminate the noise, but I can only conclude if I listen to it more in different settings (probably quieter environment).

God, I wish I have more long weekends for me to geek out this stuff....

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #12,347 of 37,782
Would not want to knock that beer over mate!! Be a waste of good beer!! Looking at that fine ale is making me thirsty.

Seems a lot of us drink brewskies whilst listening to our rigs - should be a thread dedicated to it.

Thread: What beer do you drink while listening to headphones?

or

Thread: What headphones do you listen with while drinking your beer?

or

Thread: What beer, what headphones?

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #12,349 of 37,782
After waiting more than Two Month My New Hugo With New Chasis W as Arrived on Sunday morning .
Tonight i have Time to pair With My DAPs : ak100 , AK 120 Amdal AK 240
And pair With
Source : iPhone 4 S +
Dac : Venture Craft. Go Dap DD 1 LE muse 02 = as Transport
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Iem : JH 16 Pro FP
Cable : go dap DD 1 LE muse 02 > Hugo use COAX
The best SQ what Hugo can produce excellent music if we use : COAX in
IMO

I guess you will have to carry a truck load of equipment for our lunch on 18th!! Looking forward Rudi.

Jun 3, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #12,350 of 37,782
Transportable Rig : This is my office / home based rig for use with my DX50 / PC / iDevice

DX50 -> mini coaxial into DB2 -> 3.5 to 3.5 into Duet -> Balance HPL cable to HD600

At the moment I am using a whiplash audio mini to mini between the DB2 and Duet, but should have a Hirose to RSA balanced connector arriving any day soon for a fully balance setup :)

I find that the supplied mini coaxial cable that came with the DX50 to be very difficult to manage and unpliable.....I'm not sure whether I can get an alternative and slightly longer mini coax cable to use to connect the DX50 to the DB2.

Initial impressions are that the dual Wolfson DACS in the DB2 are a distinct sound improvement over the DX50s one.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #12,351 of 37,782
Transportable Rig : This is my office / home based rig for use with my DX50 / PC / iDevice

DX50 -> mini coaxial into DB2 -> 3.5 to 3.5 into Duet -> Balance HPL cable to HD600

At the moment I am using a whiplash audio mini to mini between the DB2 and Duet, but should have a Hirose to RSA balanced connector arriving any day soon for a fully balance setup :)

I find that the supplied mini coaxial cable that came with the DX50 to be very difficult to manage and unpliable.....I'm not sure whether I can get an alternative and slightly longer mini coax cable to use to connect the DX50 to the DB2.

Initial impressions are that the dual Wolfson DACS in the DB2 are a distinct sound improvement over the DX50s one.

Sorry, I just had too. 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #12,352 of 37,782
My latest commute rig that allows me to:

1. Get the best UI that people here often talk about....Frankly, i dont see much difference than using audiophile DAP
2. Access large storage of music (2TB wireless hdd) instead of managing multiple microsd cards moving back and forth
3. Bit perfect high res and DSD and any other large digital file gimmicks
4. Excellent SQ because of Hugo and 1p2

ipod touch 5 (onkyo HD  or 8player (wifi player)) > ipad cck > some cheap micro usb cables (In fact, I compared around 4 cheap usb cables in different lengths using HD800 and concluded this cable produces the smoothest sound) > Chord Hugo > Furutech (6.3 > 3.5mm adapter) > Tralucent silver/gold cable > Tralucent 1plus2 > Ortofon tips (Large)

The only missing piece is the uber cable but such is life...
Do you commute in the back of Rolls because I am not carrying my Hugo and a 12 piece stack around in the subway :wink:

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #12,353 of 37,782
Quote:

Sorry, I just had too. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Thanks for that Matey 
redface.gif

When I reterminated the cable I closed the RSA connector and then needed to get it open again, in the process, snapping the casing. The tape is a stop gap until I can get another connector and some heatshrink.

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #12,354 of 37,782
Do you commute in the back of Rolls because I am not carrying my Hugo and a 12 piece stack around in the subway
wink.gif

Mim

please disregard my previous post becos my portable system failed....
frown.gif
and a co-worker passed away after long battle of cancer....

today is not a good day.... and I am going to bed...

I dont travel in any luxury cars. I am just the annoying guy who takes two seats on subway so to put a car battery to power the portable system...

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #12,357 of 37,782
Caught up with this thread finally, and there's been some amazing photos!

Quote:
I've been thinking about Beer all day...

Elimination diet means I've been sober for 3 months 
eek.gif
 beer is nearly the only thing on my mind

The humble student life

Nearly all the gear. Have some older headphones elsewhere (Pioneer SE-L40s to be repaired soon)

Cmoy, Fiio E7 (back-ups /not really used)

Vsonic Gr-07

Jogging rig: Sansa Clip+ > Meelec M6 Sport 
A DIY tube amp from my brother (hisses pretty badly)

Ipod 5.5 > Lod > Fiio E11 > Senn HD 25-1-ii
Really want to upgrade to Oyaide cable and ultimately Fiio X5 + E12 + Amperiors

Htc One X for if I'm desperate enough and batteries are all dead

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #12,360 of 37,782
I guess you will have to carry a truck load of equipment for our lunch on 18th!! Looking forward Rudi.

That's the problem Sid
Chord Hugo you heard many times , it is nothing special for you and your friends
I will try to carry Hugo big brothers : TOTL dac from chord QBD 76 HDSD
And try to bring my Mass Ko Bo 394 and pair with Abyss
The problem with the resto has electrical plug or not ?
I will survey one before you and your friends visit jakarta .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back