Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 1, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #12,331 of 37,782

Quite innovative! How do you play music on your iPhone or iDevice? Spotify? iTunes ALAC?

Thanks! 
It's unfortunate that I can't as easily use Amps through a LOD like the iPhone of yore, but Lightning is still young.
Lightning is really an awesome connector, and I can't wait to see what is available for it in the coming years.

I am a iTunes Match subscriber so my 'local' library is ALAC (at least the albums that count).
I travel a lot so if I need to pull something off Apple's server, it is AAC 256 (iTunes +).

Jun 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #12,332 of 37,782
After waiting more than Two Month My New Hugo With New Chasis W as Arrived on Sunday morning .
Tonight i have Time to pair With My DAPs : ak100 , AK 120 Amdal AK 240
And pair With
Source : iPhone 4 S +
Dac : Venture Craft. Go Dap DD 1 LE muse 02 = as Transport
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Iem : JH 16 Pro FP
Cable : go dap DD 1 LE muse 02 > Hugo use COAX
The best SQ what Hugo can produce excellent music if we use : COAX in
IMO

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #12,333 of 37,782
After waiting more than Two Month My New Hugo With New Chasis W as Arrived on Sunday morning .
And pair With
IMO

Very nice Rudi... I'm thinking about a Hugo. Enjoy Sir....

Jun 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #12,334 of 37,782
For portable I try to apply the KISS method.  1 input 1 output.   So with that idea I think I will stick with iems and a single source.   So here are the two pairs of iems i use the sony mdr-xb60ex and the velodyne vpulse 
And here are the sources I have 
I will most likely ditch the lumia because, while the sound quality is good the volume seems capped without an amp and who wants to listen to AC/DC at a reasonable volume?  Also can someone recommend a cheap audio cable that is more flexible than the one fiio provides with the e6? 

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #12,335 of 37,782
  For portable I try to apply the KISS method.  1 input 1 output.   So with that idea I think I will stick with iems and a single source.   So here are the two pairs of iems i use the sony mdr-xb60ex and the velodyne vpulse 
And here are the sources I have 
I will most likely ditch the lumia because, while the sound quality is good the volume seems capped without an amp and who wants to listen to AC/DC at a reasonable volume?  Also can someone recommend a cheap audio cable that is more flexible than the one fiio provides with the e6? 

Is that an S3? Do you use anything special with it like a DAC or certain apps other than the commonly seen Poweramp and the USB APP?

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #12,337 of 37,782
And pair With
IMO

Hey Rudi, whats the New Chasis W?
And what did u wrap your amp in? looks like a napkin..
Too bad that this Hugo is so big

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #12,341 of 37,782
The Portable Gym Rig
feat. iPhone 5, JayBird BlueBuds X and Industrial Rock

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #12,343 of 37,782

My latest commute rig that allows me to:

1. Get the best UI that people here often talk about....Frankly, i dont see much difference than using audiophile DAP
2. Access large storage of music (2TB wireless hdd) instead of managing multiple microsd cards moving back and forth
3. Bit perfect high res and DSD and any other large digital file gimmicks
4. Excellent SQ because of Hugo and 1p2

ipod touch 5 (onkyo HD  or 8player (wifi player)) > ipad cck > some cheap micro usb cables (In fact, I compared around 4 cheap usb cables in different lengths using HD800 and concluded this cable produces the smoothest sound) > Chord Hugo > Furutech (6.3 > 3.5mm adapter) > Tralucent silver/gold cable > Tralucent 1plus2 > Ortofon tips (Large)

The only missing piece is the uber cable but such is life...

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #12,344 of 37,782

My latest commute rig that allows me to:

1. Get the best UI that people here often talk about....Frankly, i dont see much difference than using audiophile DAP
2. Access large storage of music (2TB wireless hdd) instead of managing multiple microsd cards moving back and forth
3. Bit perfect high res and DSD and any other large digital file gimmicks
4. Excellent SQ because of Hugo and 1p2

ipod touch 5 (onkyo HD  or 8player (wifi player)) > ipad cck > some cheap micro usb cables (In fact, I compared around 4 cheap usb cables in different lengths using HD800 and concluded this cable produces the smoothest sound) > Chord Hugo > Furutech (6.3 > 3.5mm adapter) > Tralucent silver/gold cable > Tralucent 1plus2 > Ortofon tips (Large)

The only missing piece is the uber cable but such is life...

Does the harddrive being wireless effect the sound quality in any negative way?  

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #12,345 of 37,782
My home rig and chillin' out side in the garden (when it's not raining) rig all involve San Miguel
biggrin.gif

Would not want to knock that beer over mate!! Be a waste of good beer!! Looking at that fine ale is making me thirsty.

Seems a lot of us drink brewskies whilst listening to our rigs - should be a thread dedicated to it. Pictures of your favourite ale whilst chilling out with your gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back