Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,977 of 37,700
Quote:
is there a way to make a pocket size portable rig with a small player and an amp?

Sansa Clip+ & FiiO E6

Very best,

May 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #3,979 of 37,700
Man, there are so many nice rigs on here it just boggles the mind, seems I've had a ton of configurations over the years and I know for a fact that I can't begin to touch the numbers some of you have and have had but this is such a fun hobby and not too expensive if you put it against bass boats
wink_face.gif
 LOL

Let me throw down a few pics since this is a let's see thread
rolleyes.gif

Here are my two favorite portable amps

C421-Touch

C421-Nano

Tanked U2 30GB Classic-Tomahawk

Over Protective Mother Hen w/EB5's

Hip Clip Pouch

May 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #3,982 of 37,700
Nano (Any generation) and the RSA Shadow fits into my pocket everyday and has for the past 6 years.  I use a Nano gen 4 or 5 because I like the tactile buttons to fast forward from song to song.  Recently tried using the Nano 7 but with the need for the Apple adaptor, it doesn't make it to pocket friendly.  I'll throw a picture up shortly.  And before the boo birds start, I'll say this.  The source being a Nano makes little to no difference in my book.  ANY RSA amp and JH 13s will compensate very nicely for what the Nano may lack, especially with a custom made, high quality LOD made by a certain head-fier.

May 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3,983 of 37,700
Quote:
Nano (Any generation) and the RSA Shadow fits into my pocket everyday and has for the past 6 years.  I use a Nano gen 4 or 5 because I like the tactile buttons to fast forward from song to song.  Recently tried using the Nano 7 but with the need for the Apple adaptor, it doesn't make it to pocket friendly. 

Adapter not necessarily required.......
 In fact, Nano 7 headphone-out offers better channel separation. Further A/Bing also confirms that the line-out really doesn’t sound audibly better than just double amp the headphone-out. So the conclusion is, there is really no need to use the adapter for its line-out on a portable setup. You will be just as good with double amping. To do so, just adjust the volume to max then drop to three steps lower, which should give you almost the same voltage (0.94Vrms) as line-out and shouldn’t clip your portable amp.

above quote from http://www.head-fi.org/t/635800/impression-apple-nano-7g-lightning-to-30pin-adapter

May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3,984 of 37,700
I can't imagine listening to any of my portable DAP's unamped for long periods of time, especially on the train commuting.  I listen to my Touch and occassionally my Nano 7 unamped in the office where I'm not really concerned so much about the best sound.  Usually I'm listening to satellie radio or have a movie running just for background noise.  I am not UN-happy with the sound of the sat radio unamped in the office while listening it a much lower volume than I normally would listen.  I just do NOT like having to use a touch screen dap for my commute.  I wish there was a remote control I could clip to my jacket or something where I wouldn't have to pull it out of my pocket to change songs.  That's why my 4th and 5th gen Nanos are treated very very well.  I am also DEEPLY disppointed that Apple did not give the Nano 7 wifi capability.  I would love to have just used the Nano as my do everything dap but with no wifi, I can't stream sat radio or stream anything for that matter.

May 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,985 of 37,700
Quote:
Man, there are so many nice rigs on here it just boggles the mind, seems I've had a ton of configurations over the years and I know for a fact that I can't begin to touch the numbers some of you have and have had but this is such a fun hobby and not too expensive if you put it against bass boats
wink_face.gif
 LOL

Let me throw down a few pics since this is a let's see thread
rolleyes.gif

Here are my two favorite portable amps

C421-Touch

C421-Nano

Tanked U2 30GB Classic-Tomahawk

Over Protective Mother Hen w/EB5's

Hip Clip Pouch

This pouch - what is it and where did you get it?  I like................

May 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,987 of 37,700
Rigs are looking fantastic today guys! Small and Full scale :)
My new FAW & Toxic Cables arrived today & Hopefully my Voyager should be in the mail tomorrow.
So hopefully I'll get some new pics up some tim tomorrow 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back