Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3,995 of 37,707
Quote:
Nice gear!
Also nice pouch is there a make and model?

Troll & Oregonian, I'll check it out tonight and see if I can get you a make and model on this thing. My company was ordering them for technicians to carry their Droid's in as they are super rugged and have one of the strongest rotating belt clips I've ever seen! I like the individual pockets and I'm not sure if you can see it because I have it tucked inside it does have a velcro flap cover as well. I did not use the cover often as it allow me to get to the volume control easy and both the Yo-Tank and Tomahawk fit inside snugly, this shot let's you see the cover tucked in behind the iPod better.

May 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #3,996 of 37,707
Quote:

I second that on the Nano 7, it simply IMHO has one of the best headphone outs yet, I did the Apple lightning adapter FiiO LOD gig (you can find this in the thread posted by Achmedisdead) and several have determined the Gen 7 Nano does not really benefit from external amping! YMMV
wink_face.gif
 When I ran my 7th gen into my C421 and then out to my Foxl the battery died so fast in the Nano it was crazy plus I did not get any better sound quality than running the Nano headphone out straight to the Foxl as a matter a fact the battery in the Nano lasted forever comparatively speaking
eek.gif

May 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,997 of 37,707
Ipod nano 7G output sounds better than ipod vidoe 5.5G, ipod touch retnia. 
Quote:
I second that on the Nano 7, it simply IMHO has one of the best headphone outs yet, I did the Apple lightning adapter FiiO LOD gig (you can find this in the thread posted by Achmedisdead) and several have determined the Gen 7 Nano does not really benefit from external amping! YMMV
wink_face.gif
 When I ran my 7th gen into my C421 and then out to my Foxl the battery died so fast in the Nano it was crazy plus I did not get any better sound quality than running the Nano headphone out straight to the Foxl as a matter a fact the battery in the Nano lasted forever comparatively speaking
eek.gif

May 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #3,998 of 37,707
Sorry Newbi, I should have clarified I have never heard the headphone out of the Video 5.5
frown.gif
 For what I have had and listened too the Nano 7th Gen has a outstanding headphone out and I've yet to external amp via the lightning and gotten better results that the Nano headphone out
wink_face.gif

May 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #3,999 of 37,707
Quote:
Troll & Oregonian, I'll check it out tonight and see if I can get you a make and model on this thing. My company was ordering them for technicians to carry their Droid's in as they are super rugged and have one of the strongest rotating belt clips I've ever seen! I like the individual pockets and I'm not sure if you can see it because I have it tucked inside it does have a velcro flap cover as well. I did not use the cover often as it allow me to get to the volume control easy and both the Yo-Tank and Tomahawk fit inside snugly, this shot let's you see the cover tucked in behind the iPod better.

Nice!
That is the most useful belt pouch I have seen so far, would be cool if you can find out the info for us.
Thanks!

May 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #4,000 of 37,707
I will put a third in on these reported results.  The Ipod Nano 7G battery dies much more quickly using a LOD set up and without a noticeable (to my ears) sound quality difference.  I either use IEMs without an amp or amp the headphone jack for full size cans.

As always, YMMV.

May 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #4,001 of 37,707
If it played nicely with FLAC (or was Rockboxable) I'd have one :frowning2:

May 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #4,003 of 37,707
My temporary rig, until a few new toys come in. Loving the sound, and the Socket 1 LE is the best sounding portable DAC I have ever heard. 

IPC 7G 160GB + VentureCraft Go-Dap DD Socket 1 LE (w/ MUSES02) + Headstage Arrow 4G + Heir 8.A  (All dual-locked together)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back