Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #25,906 of 37,653
I guess it's just a matter of taste Anak but I find that particular CA to be cheap looking and ugly, don't get me wrong as the Jupiter and Andro are very sweet IMO but for me this thing is a visual dud:disappointed:

Definitely eye of the beholder. The aesthetics of the Atlas or any of the CA IEMs (or any other branded IEMs for that matter) don’t bother me. The Atlas looks fine to me.

What I like are how the pieces are interchangeable - no “sides”. The cables decide L from R and sonicly the Atlas is simply remarkable for a single 10mm DD.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #25,907 of 37,653
Definitely eye of the beholder. The aesthetics of the Atlas or any of the CA IEMs (or any other branded IEMs for that matter) don’t bother me. The Atlas looks fine to me.

What I like are how the pieces are interchangeable - no “sides”. The cables decide L from R and sonicly the Atlas is simply remarkable for a single 10mm DD.

Well as a CA product I never doubted the sound and you know you have plenty of toyz I do love ie: those killer iem's sock thingy's I could never really find (no matter as they were probably out of my price range anyway)!

Cheers:beerchug:

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #25,908 of 37,653
Today's dog-walking rig -

iBasso DX150 >> vintage Grado SR80 w/ @fleasbaby mahogany sleeves and TTVJ flat pads

Cbusk3Gl.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #25,909 of 37,653
Do you take your photos outdoors for the purposes of lighting? or just like having photos of audio gear in nature?

Both reasons

Romania is a forest-based country, we get a lot more specific trees than other countries, so I feel like sharing their textures

Another thing to consider is that most of USA and Asia has a totally different foliage selection, so for users from there, Romania looks quite fun

At the same time, I have a somewhat good DSLR now, but it is a limitation of camera tech, the more light it is available, the more information the photo receptors can gather without noise.

At the same thinking, with something like a DSLR, you can gather more information and detail, when comparing it to a smartphone, but the limitation is still there, without strong reflectors / lamps / lights, taking photos outside is the only real option one has for getting some decent quality, well balanced images. Or rather, I see my photos on a 43" 4K display, so even if I'm the only one seeing them in this kind of resolution and size, I still like to see them without much noise. Staying inside will only provide good results if there is light from the sun coming into the image, or if I am using the flashlight, but that introduces other issues.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #25,910 of 37,653

I didn't really like it in pictures, but in reality it looks much smaller, and the build feels very nice in hand.

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #25,911 of 37,653
I didn't really like it in pictures, but in reality it looks much smaller, and the build feels very nice in hand.
Next time I'll take a picture of it from far far away :D.

I do have one gripe about this (or drop down universals in general? I've been using CIEMs for so long now that I've taken it for granted!!), but as it's a pretty hefty universal IEM, it pops out when I'm walking, or chewing (whilst listening).

Jun 7, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #25,912 of 37,653
Next time I'll take a picture of it from far far away :D.

I do have one gripe about this (or drop down universals in general? I've been using CIEMs for so long now that I've taken it for granted!!), but as it's a pretty hefty universal IEM, it pops out when I'm walking, or chewing (whilst listening).

It's a bad habit to try to make things look bigger than they are in pictures :wink:

I think I tried to use it over ear and it worked, I don't remember clearly. Is that impossible?

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #25,915 of 37,653
Both reasons

Romania is a forest-based country, we get a lot more specific trees than other countries, so I feel like sharing their textures

Another thing to consider is that most of USA and Asia has a totally different foliage selection, so for users from there, Romania looks quite fun

At the same time, I have a somewhat good DSLR now, but it is a limitation of camera tech, the more light it is available, the more information the photo receptors can gather without noise.

At the same thinking, with something like a DSLR, you can gather more information and detail, when comparing it to a smartphone, but the limitation is still there, without strong reflectors / lamps / lights, taking photos outside is the only real option one has for getting some decent quality, well balanced images. Or rather, I see my photos on a 43" 4K display, so even if I'm the only one seeing them in this kind of resolution and size, I still like to see them without much noise. Staying inside will only provide good results if there is light from the sun coming into the image, or if I am using the flashlight, but that introduces other issues.

Fair enough, was just curious.

Coming from a photography background myself I understand what your saying.

Led panels are a inexpensive option for artificial lighting. They provide quite harsh a light that usually results in hotspots but can be tamed in various ways.But that's neither here nor there.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #25,916 of 37,653
I don't know at @Mimouille Haiku's BA Ampas look pretty sweet in large format:wink:

This little rig really has great synergy, at least for my hairy ears:smirk:

LooWhoo.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #25,919 of 37,653

Users who are viewing this thread

Back