Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 22, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #15,349 of 37,648
So, how does it compare to the DX90?

Looks very nice by the way, and the docking station complements it well.

It sounds VERY clean and very spacious. Highly resolving, will reveal everything on the recording. Better than the DX90? Yes. Four times better? ($419 vs $1700). Nope, law of Diminishing Returns in full effect here!

Does the docking station come per default with the DAP?
Do you use the balanced out?

The dock is an optional extra, CNC'ed from the same aluminium as the AK120 II, it is absolutely gorgeous and holds the AK perfectly for desk use.

So far, I've only tried the balanced output actually. I wanted to just give it a quick listen, then 5 hours flew by :grinning:

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #15,351 of 37,648
The issue I have with Dignis/Minerva cases is that they damage easily. The leather bruises somewhat too easily.

Something like LV's taiga or epi leather would have been more durable.

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #15,352 of 37,648
The issue I have with Dignis/Minerva cases is that they damage easily. The leather bruises somewhat too easily.

Something like LV's taiga or epi leather would have been more durable.

True...but you and I use secondary covers anyway. I will follow burtomr's recommendation and grab a Loewe Volta 20 for the AK240 and a 30 for the P1...

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #15,357 of 37,648
How do you like the V6 Stage? I was looking at them and cant make up my mind.

I am still warming up to them. They sound a bit different compared to the demo set - a lot bassier and somewhat warmer with the highs somewhat pushed back. I noticed that the small high drivers are pushed really to the back of the shell, quite far from the sound bore. I don't know if that is the reason. 

The bass detail and texturing, along with overall imaging and sense of space is leaps and bounds ahead of my GR07 CE and Dunu DN1K. Quite enjoying it so far despite the highs being a bit subdued for my preference.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #15,358 of 37,648
  Is this the new balanced cable from Linum ? Impressions ?

It is indeed. The old ones were available as 2.5mm TRRS balanced as well, but this is the new 0,5 ohm (regular Linum Bax is 1.5 ohm) version. Thicker than the regular Linum Bax, but soooooooo soft and flexible, feels more like string than a cable. Too early for sonic impressions, especially when I'm getting used to a new source as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back