Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #7,412 of 7,509
then get an e17 :wink:

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #7,413 of 7,509
Quote:
Not exactly small but this is the selection I use on the go. All wireless, hit in audio quality, yes, but the convenience of bluetooth and no wires takes the edge for me. Honestly neither cans are that bad, they're simply not neutral cans. I enjoy them as much as my Grado 325is that I use at home at least..

Setup:
iPad 3 64gb + 3g and Galaxy i717
Parrot Zik and Beats Wireless.

The gear isn't that bad. The choice of music on the other hand... 
wink_face.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #7,414 of 7,509
My new toys arrived earlier this week.....my portable rig is now virtually complete (just waiting for a DIY Mod to the iPod - which will consist of taking the signal direct from the DAC and routing directly to the internal LOD Pins via internal Elna Silmic II Caps and using solid silver wire).

Rig consists of:

iPod Video (120Gb SSD) > TTVJ Slim > Heir A.4i

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #7,415 of 7,509
Quote:
My new toys arrived earlier this week.....my portable rig is now virtually complete (just waiting for a DIY Mod to the iPod - which will consist of taking the signal direct from the DAC and routing directly to the internal LOD Pins via internal Elna Silmic II Caps and using solid silver wire).

Rig consists of:

Nice! How are you finding the 4A.i with this set up? Just got my TTVJ back from repairs yesterday :D

Edit: I got Elna Cerafine caps in my DIYmod, and a new battery which I fitted a couple of days back. Didnt enjoy cracking the ipod open at all...

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #7,416 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice! How are you finding the 4A.i with this set up? Just got my TTVJ back from repairs yesterday :D

Edit: I got Elna Cerafine caps in my DIYmod, and a new battery which I fitted a couple of days back. Didnt enjoy cracking the ipod open at all...

What ever happened to your steampunk unit? Is it still running?

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #7,417 of 7,509
Quote:
What ever happened to your steampunk unit? Is it still running?

Yeah, its still going! Took it out for a spin yesterday as it happens. It doesnt get too much use these days to be honest, but its still got a place in my heart.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #7,418 of 7,509
Quote:

Rig consists of:

Not sure how they sound but holy moly they are beautiful!

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #7,420 of 7,509

Hi Mate,

I've only had them a couple of days so far.....but I must say I am very very impressed with them. As you can see they look amazing and sound even better. Flat and neutral but very clear and transparent at the same time.

I dropped my iPod off with Lee the other day so he is doing the mod for me and fitting the in-line internal caps. he is also changing the battery for me at the same whilst it's open.

How's the LOD front looking?

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #7,422 of 7,509
Quote:

Rig consists of:

How do you like the TTVJ Slim with the 4i's?

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #7,423 of 7,509
Quote:
Hi Mate,
I've only had them a couple of days so far.....but I must say I am very very impressed with them. As you can see they look amazing and sound even better. Flat and neutral but very clear and transparent at the same time.
I dropped my iPod off with Lee the other day so he is doing the mod for me and fitting the in-line internal caps. he is also changing the battery for me at the same whilst it's open.
How's the LOD front looking?

Do these mods have a significant effect on sound, as in measurable?

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #7,425 of 7,509
Well! You don't mess around with the cheap stuff. Straight to the top! Great kit tjcheong. Can't imagine those Beyers are too practical out on the street though, not much isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back