Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #7,396 of 7,509
Quote:
Is that a bad thing?

It's his right to own what he pleases to. Audio value for money-wise...it's not optimal.

Kojaku

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #7,397 of 7,509
Quote:
It's his right to own what he pleases to. Audio value for money-wise...it's not optimal.

Kojaku

Fully agreed, that audio value for money with my setup is TERRIBLE. But honestly the wireless feature is worth a lot to me while I'm on the go. I'm always doing something with my hands, seem to religiously tear cables, etc. For me wireless was the best for on the go. When I'm home my grados are all I listen to.

Oh and honestly neither have that poor audio quality (flavoured, yes, but I wouldn't say poor), just easily $100-150 less than their respective prices (which is a value I place on wireless).

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #7,398 of 7,509
Quote:

Fully agreed, that audio value for money with my setup is TERRIBLE. But honestly the wireless feature is worth a lot to me while I'm on the go. I'm always doing something with my hands, seem to religiously tear cables, etc. For me wireless was the best for on the go. When I'm home my grados are all I listen to.

Oh and honestly neither have that poor audio quality (flavoured, yes, but I wouldn't say poor), just easily $100-150 less than their respective prices (which is a value I place on wireless).

Completely fair. How's the Parrot Zik with those crazy mics?

Kojaku

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7,399 of 7,509
Quote:
Completely fair. How's the Parrot Zik with those crazy mics?

Kojaku

Actually find the noise cancellation quite good. I've never really liked the concept but it's working out so far. As for the calling features (jawbone one and stuff) I haven't used it and doubt I will..

As for the audio effects on this thing are complex.. it's going to take a bit before I tweak it to be completely to my liking. Oh and the whole pausing when taking off the phones feature is quite neat haha.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #7,400 of 7,509
Quote:

Actually find the noise cancellation quite good. I've never really liked the concept but it's working out so far. As for the calling features (jawbone one and stuff) I haven't used it and doubt I will..

As for the audio effects on this thing are complex.. it's going to take a bit before I tweak it to be completely to my liking. Oh and the whole pausing when taking off the phones feature is quite neat haha.

I'd never go wireless with today's technology because of sound degradation, but the Parrot does have some cool features, especially the one you mentioned.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #7,401 of 7,509
Only thing I'd like to change is a custom LOD to fix this silly jumble of wires:

I think it puts some strain on the L9. I might try one that drop straight down from the dock connector to the input.

Maybe flip the E11 around so the volume is on the right side and the cable to your headphones is unobstructed by the L9. That's what I did and it works for me :)

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #7,402 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice! Was just gonna PM bout the links but all is good!
beerchug.gif

Thanks! I haven't posted pics in a while so when I saw that they didn't work I was confused for a bit.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Maybe flip the E11 around so the volume is on the right side and the cable to your headphones is unobstructed by the L9. That's what I did and it works for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, the problem with that is then the volume hump obstructs the L9. I really wish Fiio had put the input and output on opposite sides. I used to have an E11 + L9 before and I had to grind out a bit of the L9's plug to get it to plug in all the way due to the hump. Also I like the LED's to be on the opposite side so I can see them easier. With my older mini I could get away with the LED's being under the player since it was smaller but the Classic takes up all the room so the LED's would be hidden.

Also, I find it interesting that I've pretty much rebought the same portable rig I used to have. I used to have a Rockboxed iPod connected via L9 to an E11. Only the headphones are different, and I'm also on my second pair of MDR-V6's (first ones were unmodded, the new removable cable is so much better).

Hopefully this time this rig lasts longer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #7,403 of 7,509
Quote:
Here's my poverty rig, pretty standard stuff but I love it:

Only thing I'd like to change is a custom LOD to fix this silly jumble of wires:

I think it puts some strain on the L9. I might try one that drop straight down from the dock connector to the input.

Poverty rig? That's some great gear you have there. I bet it sounds wonderful...

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,404 of 7,509
Here's my latest aquisition:
Ipod classic(rockboxed) iBasso D-Zero 1964-D

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,405 of 7,509

You used the NFC capability for pairing?

Kojaku

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #7,407 of 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguvian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ran into exactly the same issue with my Nano + E6 combo. Later today (Friday) my Nano + E6 arrive at BTG Audio for him to size and make a custom LOD that'll solve this problem; I'll post here with pics when I get it back.
smile.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #7,409 of 7,509
Quote:

I ran into exactly the same issue with my Nano + E6 combo. Later today (Friday) my Nano + E6 arrive at BTG Audio for him to size and make a custom LOD that'll solve this problem; I'll post here with pics when I get it back.
smile.gif

Awesome! I'd love to see a solution to this somewhat irritating problem!

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #7,410 of 7,509
Quote:

Awesome! I'd love to see a solution to this somewhat irritating problem!

Get a straight terminating LOD. 

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back