Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 24, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,417 of 7,509
Quote:
If I may post what's not my portable gear but gear I photographed at yesterday's Tokyo head-fi meet (Thx to ExpatinJapan for being such a warm host to the event) :-

Loved EVERY picture you had there! Especially the last two !!

The last pix, that's shigzeo trying to look hip with a proof of concept multi-stack:

IPhone+CLAS+Colorfly C4+ALO Rx Mk3+

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #5,418 of 7,509
What is the C4 doing in that chain?

Lol I thought he was just showing off his big 'rig' 
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #5,420 of 7,509
The CLAS merely acts as a transport for DDC (digital-to- digital converter).

The Colorfly C4 whilst a DAP can also be used as a DAC only.

No idea how it sounds cos we're focused more on how to make shigzeo look geekily cool :).

Jun 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #5,421 of 7,509
Quote:
If I may post what's not my portable gear but gear I photographed at yesterday's Tokyo head-fi meet (Thx to ExpatinJapan for being such a warm host to the event) :-

The last photo is indeed GANGSTER.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #5,424 of 7,509
Quote:
haha GENIUS!
Back to head-fi how does the colorfly sound with your Merlin's?

Believe it or not, I actually didn't try the Colorfly C4 with the Merlin's. I tried it with the FitEar TO GO! 334 instead. Sounded nice when it did play - trouble was getting it to play my 24/96 & 24/192 tracks! Only 16/44.1 played consistently.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #5,426 of 7,509
Quote:
Believe it or not, I actually didn't try the Colorfly C4 with the Merlin's. I tried it with the FitEar TO GO! 334 instead. Sounded nice when it did play - trouble was getting it to play my 24/96 & 24/192 tracks! Only 16/44.1 played consistently.

But..but you were so close! Yeah its more of a shallow acquaintance I have with the C4; if they made an iPod case like that I'd be all over it! Love the Scooby's!

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #5,427 of 7,509
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds good, might take the plunge. Had an ecci storm 6 I got from here but it actually made my ZHD sound worse!
(Sold both recently due the issue with the amp, and the zune because I wanted something opensource...well flac!)
I always wanted to try those phonaks. knakard my ear dkrum a while ago, had to sell my iems etc.
(Doesn't effect sound quality, just can't have a seal that comes with iems).

For the paltry cost I would really recommend giving the E6 a go depending on the headphones you use. It does a great job with the Phonaks in that setup at putting out a nice clean sound, the difference between its output and the HP out of the Nano is really quite audible. I gave it to my best friend at lunch to try, also using a 6G Nano but with just a pair of Apple earbuds and he was also able to pick up on the increased clarity immediately. It doesn't pair as well with my triple BA customs though, which really seem to benefit from the sheer grunt provided by my C421. Shame about your ears, that's gotta suck :frowning2: the Phonaks have also been a really great purchase for £65.

Just put the two alongside one another for the first time, the difference is quite funny =P

Cool photo :)  my phone wallpaper is kinda like your window

Jun 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #5,429 of 7,509
Quote:
May I ask what amps are beside the Pico Slim? I mean the other two small ones. Thank you 

OMG, now you're gonna test me :D. Starting from the Pico Slim clockwise :-

Hippo CriCri
iBasso T3
[Honestly Can't Remember]
Fostex HP-P1
O2
Vorzuge (VorzAMPpure or VorzAMPduo??)
RSA SR-71B
GoVibe PortaTube+
ALO Audio Rx Mk3
ALO Audio Continental
ALO Audio National

In the middle from near to far :-

iBasso DX100
Colorfly C4
VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 (with my iPhone 4S in it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back