Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #5,431 of 7,509
tbh I think Jan would be a little bit put out by that … iQube? come on! the iQube is pretty sleek looking, that.. is not. it could be a mini3 high power version, it looks like a pretty standard Hammond diy case, not a single piece of CNC T6-6061 alloy and rubber

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #5,432 of 7,509
tbh I think Jan would be a little bit put out by that … iQube? come on! the iQube is pretty sleek looking, that.. is not. it could be a mini3 high power version, it looks like a pretty standard Hammond diy case, not a single piece of CNC T6-6061 alloy and rubber

It does look like a Mini3.
At least, it uses the same enclosure as most others (and mine). It looks a bit big in the picture, but that's probably because the other stuff is so small. :D

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #5,434 of 7,509
Quote:
Ah what is it, it's bugging me? I thought it was the iQube at first, but it has an extra knob and the chassis is a little different...

Just Audio uHA-120??

edit: Maaaybe not
redface.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #5,435 of 7,509
Jun 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #5,438 of 7,509
Quote:
That's an elegant setup you've got there.

Well done!! You were close enough!! Just Audio AHA-120!!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/just-audio-aha-120

Another angle :-

Damn...I wish I had enough money to burn (burn doesn't mean waste 
wink.gif
 at least I don't want to make it sound that way).
Quote:
VERY NICE FLOORING you have there!

Haha!

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #5,441 of 7,509
Quote:
At least, it uses the same enclosure as most others (and mine). It looks a bit big in the picture, but that's probably because the other stuff is so small.
biggrin.gif

ahh  yeah we were both wrong, well actually you were right, it could be a slightly larger hammond than normally used for mini3 as well as looking large by comparison to the miniatµre amps, but there is no question its a hammond. Nothing wrong with squeezing more performance out of a manufacturing budget, by using a no frills case and from reports of the AHA thats just what hes done.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #5,442 of 7,509
Quote:
At least, it uses the same enclosure as most others (and mine). It looks a bit big in the picture, but that's probably because the other stuff is so small.
biggrin.gif

ahh  yeah we were both wrong, well actually you were right, it could be a slightly larger hammond than normally used for mini3 as well as looking large by comparison to the miniatµre amps, but there is no question its a hammond. Nothing wrong with squeezing more performance out of a manufacturing budget, by using a no frills case and from reports of the AHA thats just what hes done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back