Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #5,402 of 7,509
Sounds good, might take the plunge. Had an ecci storm 6 I got from here but it actually made my ZHD sound worse!
(Sold both recently due the issue with the amp, and the zune because I wanted something opensource...well flac!)

I always wanted to try those phonaks. knakard my ear dkrum a while ago, had to sell my iems etc.
(Doesn't effect sound quality, just can't have a seal that comes with iems).

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #5,404 of 7,509
Quote:
Met up with a fellow head-fier & his Studio V (with my DX100 next to it). Earphones are FitEar TO GO! 334 :-

can you give me a comparison between studio v and dx100 in term of SQ?
thanks

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #5,405 of 7,509
Quote:
Sounds good, might take the plunge. Had an ecci storm 6 I got from here but it actually made my ZHD sound worse!
(Sold both recently due the issue with the amp, and the zune because I wanted something opensource...well flac!)
I always wanted to try those phonaks. knakard my ear dkrum a while ago, had to sell my iems etc.
(Doesn't effect sound quality, just can't have a seal that comes with iems).

For the paltry cost I would really recommend giving the E6 a go depending on the headphones you use. It does a great job with the Phonaks in that setup at putting out a nice clean sound, the difference between its output and the HP out of the Nano is really quite audible. I gave it to my best friend at lunch to try, also using a 6G Nano but with just a pair of Apple earbuds and he was also able to pick up on the increased clarity immediately. It doesn't pair as well with my triple BA customs though, which really seem to benefit from the sheer grunt provided by my C421. Shame about your ears, that's gotta suck :frowning2: the Phonaks have also been a really great purchase for £65.

Just put the two alongside one another for the first time, the difference is quite funny =P

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #5,406 of 7,509
that is quite funny :wink:
Yeah, had some JVC HA FX700 for a while, loved them! Ridiculously detailed bass and looked phenomenal! Rocking some Yuin PK2's now. Looking for a nicely detailed/warm closed portable can with.good isolation at the minute. (I really wish I could have explored the world of iems a little more. Its quite hard finiding great sounding buds, the yuins are really really good buds for the wedge, awesome soundstage..sounded just like my woodied ms1i's. (obviously not as refined but the sound sig was there! sold those on. still regret that decision!)

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #5,409 of 7,509
Quote:
can you give me a comparison between studio v and dx100 in term of SQ?
thanks

The DX100 seems to have somewhat more detail. But for the price my friend bought his Studio V for, it's very good value for money. Amazing little DAP.

Jun 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #5,410 of 7,509
Jun 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #5,412 of 7,509
Quote:
that Leckerton MKII seem a very well build , i would like to know how it is its sound signature and those related op-amps...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/602493/new-leckerton-amp-announced#post_8251384

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #5,413 of 7,509
If I may post what's not my portable gear but gear I photographed at yesterday's Tokyo head-fi meet (Thx to ExpatinJapan for being such a warm host to the event) :-

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #5,415 of 7,509
Quote:
If I may post what's not my portable gear but gear I photographed at yesterday's Tokyo head-fi meet (Thx to ExpatinJapan for being such a warm host to the event) :-

Loved EVERY picture you had there! Especially the last two !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back