Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #3,541 of 7,509

The FiiO cable and plug look humongous. I've never seen it in a real-life photo before, just in press shots. I'm having second thoughts about getting it.

It's not too bad. They're definitely on the wide side, but the profile is more manageable. I'll take a somewhat thicker cord over a thinner one that oxidizes and breaks easily though. The plug is kind of big compared to others, but it's also manageable.

For comparison, my Sennheiser HD280's on top, and my Koss KSC75's on the bottom:

Showing cable width.

Showing cable profile.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #3,543 of 7,509

Quote:

Mat i ask what you did to that ie8 at the earpieces? I also wan't to do something similar to my RE-262, it is very prone to breaking.

IE8 ear guides:

Left: generic ear guides from jaben
Right: stock ear guides from IE8

I was looking for the vsonic or the phonak ear guides, but Andy from jaben gave me those and I am quite happy with it.
It's more comfortable to use even with my glasses on.
It's made of a rubber-like material but it doesn't come with a memory wire inside it unlike the stock ear guides.

Hope this helps.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #3,544 of 7,509

Some of my most used gear:
  1. iPod Classic 7th Gen 160GB
  2. FiiO E6
  3. digiZoid ZO2(.3)
  4. NuForce NE-700X with Comply Tx200 ear tips
  5. Gold plated 6N copper wire LOD from Chris_Himself

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #3,545 of 7,509

Quote:

IE8 ear guides:

Left: generic ear guides from jaben
Right: stock ear guides from IE8

I was looking for the vsonic or the phonak ear guides, but Andy from jaben gave me those and I am quite happy with it.
It's more comfortable to use even with my glasses on.
It's made of a rubber-like material but it doesn't come with a memory wire inside it unlike the stock ear guides.

Hope this helps.

Jaben.net, doesn't sell those ear-guides in their online shop, do they?
I also wear glasses, so i often have problems with hooks like that. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #3,547 of 7,509

Quote:
Average, like the next player. However, it's the only one at the moment with APT-X, which does sound a lot better than regular A2DP Bluetooth, almost like a wired connection.

Usability of the Zen is worse than a Hifiman, Hisoundaudio, or the other usual suspects - it's an incredibly bad device regarding usability, handling, and processor speed. Definitely among the worst players I ever tried.

Wow, that is bad. Creative is slowly degrading itself as a DAP-maker.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #3,548 of 7,509

Quote:
The FiiO cable and plug look humongous. I've never seen it in a real-life photo before, just in press shots. I'm having second thoughts about getting it.

I've had it for quite some time now, never had problems with it or anything, it does the job.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #3,549 of 7,509
I love the idea that fiio are making cables now. Their gear is awesome value and quite nice overall. How much does it cost?

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #3,551 of 7,509

Quote:
I love the idea that fiio are making cables now. Their gear is awesome value and quite nice overall. How much does it cost?

The Fiio RC-UE1 Ultimate Ears replacement cable cost me a total of $32.94 shipped from miccastore.com. They also have a fair amount of Fiio's other products, although I did purchase my E11 amp and L1 LOD off eBay.

Quote:
Thanks for the response CFYPatrick and Illuminati. Yeah, I guess they're manageable after all.

If there's any other pictures you might need so you can get a better feel for the size, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #3,553 of 7,509
Ah - I thought he was talking about the FiiO LOD... I didn't realize he meant the replacement cable for the phones... my bad.

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #3,555 of 7,509
Yay for homemade grado clip-ons! I was bored and found some grado-lookalike drivers in a junk box...A bit of braiding, soldering and heatshrinking, and voi-la! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back