Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #3,241 of 7,509
Jealous. I'd love this set up for a portable. My portable rig is seriously lacking right now.

Quote:
Here's my travel rig - iPhone 4S, VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 (upgraded), V-Moda M-80 :-

I want a pair of Beyers with gel pads...

Quote:
Since my gear only consists of portables, I'll subscribe.  Just got the RoCoo today and only tested it EX1000 and sounds very good.  Not necessarily the combos I use but for the sake of the pics.                                                                                                           

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #3,243 of 7,509
Quote:
Here's my travel rig - iPhone 4S, VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 (upgraded), V-Moda M-80 :-

Does the Go-DAP have digital out?

I wonder if it could be modded to fit a Classic 
ph34r.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #3,244 of 7,509
The Go-DAP does have an optical out, in which case you'll need an external DAC/Amp. I personally wouldn't recommend that by default 'cos it'll just be a very expensive transport.

Although this is designed for the iPhone 4S/4, I have occasionally used the Go-DAP with my iPad with a charging extension cable. Note that the Go-DAP is like the HP-P1/CLAS...i.e. doesn't work with the old iPods :-

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #3,246 of 7,509

Quote:
Since my gear only consists of portables, I'll subscribe.  Just got the RoCoo today and only tested it EX1000 and sounds very good.  Not necessarily the combos I use but for the sake of the pics.

RoCoo + Merlin                                                                             HP-P1 + M80                                                                                 SR-71A + T70P                                                                                                            

Mint rigs.  I love the way that they are probably all very different in character.  I have been tempted lately by the M80's.  What do you think of them?  Have you ever compared them to something like the DT1350 beyers?

Jan 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #3,247 of 7,509
Yo my rig has changed from the shuffle+e6

Now i got myself a LOVELY iPod Vid 5G seeing as its the general consensus that it's the best sounding.

So now its the V5G+E6.... I think that's pretty sick.

Plus, and i can hear the FLAME ON! from here, but my headphones of choice are the Beats By Dre PROS, not STUDIOS, PROS.

Yes, i know EVERYONE and their mother HATES them, but i liked the nice BASS it had, and honestly i got a great bargain at the Monster Outlet store for 200 instead of 400. so i think i got a pretty good deal.

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3,250 of 7,509

It looks so cute!! Haha. Nice looking interconnects. But what is the clip banded to? e6?
Quote:
paper coated IC
beyersmile.png

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #3,251 of 7,509

Quote:
The Go-DAP does have an optical out, in which case you'll need an external DAC/Amp. I personally wouldn't recommend that by default 'cos it'll just be a very expensive transport.

Although this is designed for the iPhone 4S/4, I have occasionally used the Go-DAP with my iPad with a charging extension cable. Note that the Go-DAP is like the HP-P1/CLAS...i.e. doesn't work with the old iPods :-

Hi AnakChan, how would you compare the sound of Fostex HP-P1 and Go Dap 4.0?     Thanks.

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #3,253 of 7,509

Quote:
Minor update - for when I'm not wearing a fedora and using the Audio-Technica EW9, I finally got new pads (I prefer the velour) and a new headband for the HD25's so I can use them again. Actually, at this point, I think only the drivers are original. :D

iPod Classic 80gb > RSA Mustang P-51 > HD25-1 ii

I just purchased the HD25-1 II and I'm curious, what happened to your headband ? did it need new padding ?

Jan 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #3,254 of 7,509
I'm only a novice when it comes to high end audio, but I'm pretty happy with my current setup while I'm an impoverished university student! A RockBox'd iPod Classic 5 Gen with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-WS55. Soon to be upgraded to a Cowon J3 and some more substantial cans or a portable DAC for the iPod, most likely the former.

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #3,255 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm only a novice when it comes to high end audio, but I'm pretty happy with my current setup while I'm an impoverished university student! A RockBox'd iPod Classic 5 Gen with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-WS55. Soon to be upgraded to a Cowon J3 and some more substantial cans or a portable DAC for the iPod, most likely the former.

I think upgrading to more substantial cans was the single best audio related decision I made whilst on a low income, my iPod Touch actually sounds really good now !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back