Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #3,226 of 7,509
My current rig

biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #3,232 of 7,509
Minor update - for when I'm not wearing a fedora and using the Audio-Technica EW9, I finally got new pads (I prefer the velour) and a new headband for the HD25's so I can use them again. Actually, at this point, I think only the drivers are original. :D

iPod Classic 80gb > RSA Mustang P-51 > HD25-1 ii

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #3,233 of 7,509

Quote:
Minor update - for when I'm not wearing a fedora and using the Audio-Technica EW9, I finally got new pads (I prefer the velour) and a new headband for the HD25's so I can use them again. Actually, at this point, I think only the drivers are original. :D

iPod Classic 80gb > RSA Mustang P-51 > HD25-1 ii

Do those audiophile rubber bands sound any good...?

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #3,234 of 7,509
To Anakachan-  Nice rig there. I particularly like the look of the Vmoda M80's. They are stylish looking cans. How do you find their sound quality?  I have read that they perform very well for the cost. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #3,235 of 7,509

Quote:
Do those audiophile rubber bands sound any good...?

;D

They were cheap ($2 for a 4 pack) and do the job. The flat bands don't slip off the way the O rings did. I'm pretty sure they might be the only nuforce thing that I have ever owned. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #3,237 of 7,509
Since my gear only consists of portables, I'll subscribe.  Just got the RoCoo today and only tested it EX1000 and sounds very good.  Not necessarily the combos I use but for the sake of the pics.

RoCoo + Merlin                                                                             HP-P1 + M80                                                                                 SR-71A + T70P                                                                                                               

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #3,239 of 7,509

Quote:
To Anakachan-  Nice rig there. I particularly like the look of the Vmoda M80's. They are stylish looking cans. How do you find their sound quality?  I have read that they perform very well for the cost. 

The M-80's are great sounding - definitely value for money. I use it more often than my Ultrasone Ed8LE. The only con to the M-80 is mediocre isolation.

Noticed that you're in Perth. I was there end of last year. I did suggest a Perth meet in the Perth thread but seemed no one was keen. I was travelling with some audio gear which I wanted to share with Perth audiophiles.

P.S. The VentureCraft Go-DAP 4.0 after it's upgraded sound simply brilliant!! When using my UM SE530x8 or M-80 I actually prefer the upgraded Go-DAP over my CLAS/PicoSlim combo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back