Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 4, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #5,971 of 7,509
Quote:
I`d be interested to hear what you think after listening to the DX100 for a few hours and then going back to clip.

Because.....(Some say going up is hard to notice a difference, but going down one really can hear the differences).

That sounds kind of naughty! 

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #5,974 of 7,509
Quote:
Oh god that was great.

It was such a good setup that I couldn't resist. 
smile.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #5,975 of 7,509
So after seeing all these awesome rigs, I got inspired to share mine. Here is my portable/home rig, 

ipod video 5g -- ALO vampire lod --- RSA p-51 -- beyer dt1350 

and my home set-up, 

including the magnumed sr325s

My next purchase will probably be the ALO CLAS, just to squish the curiosity bug. Still can't decide if I should get a desktop rig (been eyeing the Burson HA-160D) or upgrade the portable rig.... decisions, decisions,.....(as wallet contents deplete).

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #5,978 of 7,509
Quote:
My next purchase will probably be the ALO CLAS, just to squish the curiosity bug. Still can't decide if I should get a desktop rig (been eyeing the Burson HA-160D) or upgrade the portable rig.... decisions, decisions,.....(as wallet contents deplete).

Might I suggest the Ibasso DX100? Made me completely forget the idea of a desktop rig...

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #5,979 of 7,509
I've recently set my mind on getting the Tera Player. Your logic about the diminishing law of returns makes sense so why bother getting any other devices on my way and now that i'll have a good setup for large capacities, I'll just use a tera-player for the truly great songs I have and wanna hear in as great quality as possible. Also it's fairly easy and cheap (relatively) to keep a bunch of small SD cards that you can use like a CD player and a CD, each card having one or two CD's
Quote:
Might I suggest the Ibasso DX100? Made me completely forget the idea of a desktop rig...

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #5,983 of 7,509
Quote:

I haven't researched that one, is it better than the CLAS? Also, how much of a difference is the addition of a DAC to the ipod. Is it equivalent to the difference of adding an amp to the ipod? Because that was huge for me. I've also heard a lot of great things about the ALO RxMK3-b since I want to upgrade my amp, but I want to make sure that it's better than the SR71-b. I mean I love the mustang, that's why I believe in Ray's top notch work and can't fully believe the SR71-B is not as good as the RxMK3-b. But for now, I'm looking at the DACs

Quote:

Yeah, it looks pretty awesome!! But it's a bit tricky to pull the case out because the aluminum bends pretty easy

Quote:

I'm interested to know who made the gimbals on your Magnums. They look really nice.

The gimbals were made by Rhydon, I got the full Magnum mod, but I know he sells them separately, so I would shoot him an email. They are extremely well done and look very nice. 

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5,984 of 7,509

Okay I realize it's not a 'rig' but that's only because I had to take the picture with my iPhone. :D

These new Uptowns came in a few days ago and even with the LL in house these are getting some head time. I haven't had a portable can in months so it's nice to have good sound on the go again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back