Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 7, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,895 of 3,208

Quote:

No, not really, but they do a good job as monitors.

Say there! those thunderpants look familiar!
wink_face.gif
  Glad you are enjoying them and keeping them in pristine condition.   that looks like a voice recorder with a big ol muff on the mics - no? (Edit - oh you beat me to it)

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #1,897 of 3,208
I finally finished with my latest portable configuration.  My Pico developed issues and I have yet to send it to Headamp for a fix.  I tried the Pico Slim and though it sounded terrific with my earphones, it just didn't have enough power to drive my headphones.  So enter the Headstage Arrow.  Still breaking in but I am really liking what I am hearing!

I jettisoned the hard drive in my iMod for a 64gb CF.  Created a custom minimalistic theme for the Rockbox firmware.  Skinned the front of the iMod with Zagg's Invisible Shield and used the piece that goes on the back on the Arrow.  I then mounted the amp to the iMod using 3M's wall mount adhesive that is designed to come off without marring the surface.  I had used it when I tried the Pico Slim and discovered two things: 1) you don't need much to hold an amp securely, and 2) it pulled off without a scratch or hint of residue left behind.

The little Arrow drives everything quite nicely including my DT990/600 and K701!  Kewl!

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #1,899 of 3,208
Paired with a good amp, the line out is clean and dead silent no matter how sensitive your IEMs.  Ipod ho are notoriously bleh - at least up to the 5th gens which is my experience.  Now the iPod Touch 2 and 3 gen amps (don't know about the latest gen) are pretty decent.  Very low noise floor and sound fine imo.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #1,900 of 3,208

Quote:
I finally finished with my latest portable configuration.  My Pico developed issues and I have yet to send it to Headamp for a fix.  I tried the Pico Slim and though it sounded terrific with my earphones, it just didn't have enough power to drive my headphones.  So enter the Headstage Arrow.  Still breaking in but I am really liking what I am hearing!

I jettisoned the hard drive in my iMod for a 64gb CF.  Created a custom minimalistic theme for the Rockbox firmware.  Skinned the front of the iMod with Zagg's Invisible Shield and used the piece that goes on the back on the Arrow.  I then mounted the amp to the iMod using 3M's wall mount adhesive that is designed to come off without marring the surface.  I had used it when I tried the Pico Slim and discovered two things: 1) you don't need much to hold an amp securely, and 2) it pulled off without a scratch or hint of residue left behind.

The little Arrow drives everything quite nicely including my DT990/600 and K701!  Kewl!

Nice song selection

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,902 of 3,208

Quote:
A lot of people I've encountered enjoy the guitars most in metal.  I prefer the double kicks along with the rest of the drum section.  This rig really takes my breath away at times.

Sansa Fuze Rockboxed --> Pa2v2 for a little extra juice --> Audio Technica Ath M50 --> Happiness.

can someone please tell me who makes this min to min cable i cant make out the name?

thanks

Jan 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,903 of 3,208
The name on the cable is Pailliccs. That isn't the name of the brand that manufactures the cables, it is the name of the brand the manufactures the plug itself.

The cable itself is an "iBasso CB04". See here:

http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back