Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,906 of 3,208

Quote:
I finally finished with my latest portable configuration.  My Pico developed issues and I have yet to send it to Headamp for a fix.  I tried the Pico Slim and though it sounded terrific with my earphones, it just didn't have enough power to drive my headphones.  So enter the Headstage Arrow.  Still breaking in but I am really liking what I am hearing!

I jettisoned the hard drive in my iMod for a 64gb CF.  Created a custom minimalistic theme for the Rockbox firmware.  Skinned the front of the iMod with Zagg's Invisible Shield and used the piece that goes on the back on the Arrow.  I then mounted the amp to the iMod using 3M's wall mount adhesive that is designed to come off without marring the surface.  I had used it when I tried the Pico Slim and discovered two things: 1) you don't need much to hold an amp securely, and 2) it pulled off without a scratch or hint of residue left behind.

The little Arrow drives everything quite nicely including my DT990/600 and K701!  Kewl!

Man, that is a damn sweet, custom LOD.  It looks like the mini USB is for charging and/or syncing.  Do you mind disclosing the source or just PM with it?

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,907 of 3,208

Quote:
The name on the cable is Pailliccs. That isn't the name of the brand that manufactures the cables, it is the name of the brand the manufactures the plug itself.

The cable itself is an "iBasso CB04". See here:

http://www.ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=52

Quote:
Quote:
 can someone please tell me who makes this min to min cable i cant make out the name?

thanks

I believe this is your culprit

iBasso

my avast tells me there is a suspicious script in those pages

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #1,908 of 3,208
I'm running Avast! and loaded the page without a warning.

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #1,909 of 3,208
It is getting more and more portable :).

Another cable replacement (Mogami W2534 -- Mogami W2893/ Canare F12 -- Neutrik)

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #1,912 of 3,208

Quote:
Nice monoethylene!

Thank you, eventhough I am thinking that it is getting better a little bit more..

Btw how do I get the Last.fm symbol in my signature??

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #1,913 of 3,208
The "♫" is just a normal Windows/PC character.  You can copy it and paste it into your sig if you like.  To link to your Last.fm account just click the "link" icon when you're in your "Edit Signature Text" box and enter your Last.fm URL.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,914 of 3,208
merci!!

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,915 of 3,208
My Sennheiser OMX 980 earbud Review

attempt #2
wink_face.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #1,917 of 3,208
I've purchased some protective, and sonic upgrades to my portable equipment.

Otterbox Defender case, Sennheiser PX 100IIi.

I'm rather pleased with this at the moment. Sounds great, and with the mute/play/track advance/volume/mic in the cable, it's highly convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back