Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,936 of 3,208
@mono ethylene: I ado agree with your definition of portable and I did the same thing you seem to do bsck when I had my T51/ALO Rx amo combo with my AK K702s. I used them around the house and went outside a couple of times with them as well. Going off to college however, they were nly used while I was in the dorm and sadly, I also wanted high quality music while I was out walking around, or to just be able to sit in a different area you know?

I ended up selling the amp and cans and picking up some SE-535s, however I do agree with having a semi large rig and moving it around, if it isn't too much of a hassle for you, then what's the problem right?

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #1,937 of 3,208

Quote:

Quote:
Regarding the paint-chipping issues, I cannot share the opinion of grokit. Not yet..
Maybe we should talk about the word "portable"?

For me I draw the line between the HD600 and the HD650 based upon the cosmetic durability factor. The 600 will take a beating with it's faux carbon-fiber infused plastic, it's finish is very durable. The 650 is durable of construction as well, but the paint does chip easily and the headband ends up looking like cr@p if not handled with care. There are headband covers available for the 650 on eBay, this would be a good use for something like that IMO. Check out a sampling of used ones in the FS forums to see what I am talking about, you can also see how their resale value is affected.

Thank you for the info and maybe I will look for something like that. I think up to now I havent mentioned that I have got them at beay, means that they were already used. Nevertheless these are "upperclass"-cans IMO and I handle them with care as good as I can. On the other side, headphones are built for use and I dont want to compare them with a chinese vase, further this would look really crazy to walk with an chinese vase in the hands :). To return to the charge, I will take a look at what you have mentioned and thanks again!!

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #1,938 of 3,208

Quote:
@mono ethylene: I ado agree with your definition of portable and I did the same thing you seem to do bsck when I had my T51/ALO Rx amo combo with my AK K702s. I used them around the house and went outside a couple of times with them as well. Going off to college however, they were nly used while I was in the dorm and sadly, I also wanted high quality music while I was out walking around, or to just be able to sit in a different area you know?

I ended up selling the amp and cans and picking up some SE-535s, however I do agree with having a semi large rig and moving it around, if it isn't too much of a hassle for you, then what's the problem right?

I already thought about getting some in ears but I havent found a solution up to now. Surely it is more comfortable sometimes to have some in ears and additionally you dont need an amp in my opinion. I have already started a thread with the title real benefits of iems because thats my essential question if there are more real benefits except weight, intimacy and flexibility in contrary to the sound of a full sized headphone..

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #1,939 of 3,208

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,940 of 3,208

Quote:
However I do agree with having a semi large rig and moving it around, if it isn't too much of a hassle for you.
LOL
rolleyes.gif

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,944 of 3,208
I've always just used the PSP for games, but recently I've been using as a backup for the HD5.  The interface is a bit simple, but it browses by folder so you can set it up however you like and it sounds pretty good to me with either the HJE900 or FXC71.  My wife was kind enough to buy me the Hunter's model for Christmas, which is very nice.  Here it is with it's siblings:

The JVCs are the FXC71, which have been out for a while now, but I just picked up a pair the other day.  Too early to say much about them, but I've gotten to be big fan of the FXC70 lately so had to give them a try.

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #1,946 of 3,208

Quote:
Here's a couple pictures of mine, the first shows the customs and cables i use and the second shows how my portable rig looks.
On the first pic the customs from top are, JH16 Pro, TF10 Pro, JH13 Pro and ES5. Cables on left from top are, TWAg then Crystal piccolino, interconnects on right are 2 LOD's and 1 mini to mini crystal piccolino, one of the LOD is piccolo. The LOD on the iPod is piccolino.
On the second picture it shows exactly how my portable rig looks with one of my customs, in this case it is the JH13 Pro with Crystal Piccolino cables, Alo Rx amplifier, Crystal Piccolino LOD and iPod 8th Gen Classic.

I think you could use a few more LOD's.

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #1,947 of 3,208
wow thats a lot of $$
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #1,948 of 3,208

Quote:
Here's a couple pictures of mine, the first shows the customs and cables i use and the second shows how my portable rig looks.
On the first pic the customs from top are, JH16 Pro, TF10 Pro, JH13 Pro and ES5. Cables on left from top are, TWAg then Crystal piccolino, interconnects on right are 2 LOD's and 1 mini to mini crystal piccolino, one of the LOD is piccolo. The LOD on the iPod is piccolino.
On the second picture it shows exactly how my portable rig looks with one of my customs, in this case it is the JH13 Pro with Crystal Piccolino cables, Alo Rx amplifier, Crystal Piccolino LOD and iPod 8th Gen Classic.

Please, give us your impressions (or better yet, a custom shootout). Here's fine but I think it would even better if you started your own thread and/or posted in the ES5 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back