Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Dec 21, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #1,711 of 3,208

Quote:
How efficient is the MC5? Does the it benefit much from supplementary amplification?

It's the least efficient, the quietest IEM I'ver ever heard. The PFE are way louder than the MC5. Amping the MC5 makes them louder, but won't make them sound better.

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,715 of 3,208

Quote:
Hey dfkt, how would you compare the RE0 and the MC5?

The RE0 are much more dynamic, resolving, engaging, musical. The MC5 have better isolation and build quality, but sound-wise there is no comparison. There's both a good and a bad kind of "neutrality" to sound reproduction.

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,716 of 3,208
What full size headphones and IEMs do you think someone who enjoys the neutral sound of the RE-0 would also like? I hated the TF10, coming from the RE-0 because of the recessed mids. With the RE-0 everything sounds just 'right' for me, and guitars sound really full, like theres a slight emphasis on the mids. Thank you for the information

Quote:
The RE0 are much more dynamic, resolving, engaging, musical. The MC5 have better isolation and build quality, but sound-wise there is no comparison. There's both a good and a bad kind of "neutrality" to sound reproduction.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #1,717 of 3,208
As far as IEMs go, you might probably enjoy the PFE, SM3, e-Q7/e-Q5, and maybe the CK10, if you're tolerant to hot treble. Can't speak for full-sized phones, I have yet to hear a neutral one that I find pleasing (HD800, T1, K701 aren't to my liking). Maybe the HD600 might be a nice one for you.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #1,718 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
I can finally post some pics here and be part of this thread, thanks to my lx5. Just sharing.

What amp is that?

It's just an Ibasso T3. Nothing new. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #1,719 of 3,208
Dfkt i know its late but back before you had a pic with some pmps and you said some have speakers so no need for headphones
Is that the cowon V5 there? whats the sq like compared to the j3? im thinking of getting a cowon and i like how the v5 has win ce on it.

ps im loving your photos

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #1,723 of 3,208

Quote:
How efficient is the MC5? Does the it benefit much from supplementary amplification?

As DFKT said,they are very unefficient.i didnt notice any change in sound when using them with my wa6.
the biggest problem with them aside from their SQ is the terrible microphonics of the cable.unacceptable for a sub $100 imo.also,if you use the foamy tips,wind noise will drive you crazy.atleast in my case.

i will also post a pic of my clip+  when it arrives and my 13s.i was gonna order the hm601,but i dont know,too many problems especially with its price tag.audiphile player with 9 hours battery life?no gapless playback?who are they kidding......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back