Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Dec 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #1,696 of 3,208

Quote:
blame huddler for me not being up to check  the latest iems because i dont log in anymore.
mad.gif

it looks interesting,i want something to replace the terrible mc5 i have.

Yes, the MC5 are truly awful, I'm having a pair here at the moment. The e-Q5 are pretty much the same as the e-Q7, only a bit cheaper and (IMO) better fit and build quality. Meaning, right up there at the top of the IEM food chain.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #1,697 of 3,208
Nice, Trentino. It looks like some serious bang for the buck right there. I love the way the Senn HDxx's soundstage just wraps clear around the head.

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #1,698 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
BTW, love the forum name, big fan of Bub's myself!  

Got to meet the boys earlier this year, great bunch of folks!

Not only am I a huge TPB fan - but seeing Mike Smith / Bubbles wearing a tshirt with my avatar pretty much made my day. :D Thanks for the pic!

No worries! If you ever get a chance to see their live show go see it, so funny! They are very talented actors. I got to go to the VIP event afterwards and they were really generous with their time even though they had an early morning flight the next day!

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,701 of 3,208
I don;t think they were :)

The best thing the MC5 has going for it is that it has superior isolation and that it has decent build quality. Sound wise there are better options esp at that price range where there are so many options to choose from. I just don't think they are that good although I did get them for $55 at a local store which is better than the $85 or so I would have gotten had it been at full price.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #1,704 of 3,208
It's because my iMod is a 4Gen U2. RWA had already put the cap inside the ipod and disabled the phone out function.
The 3.5mm jack is now serving as a line out jack. Thus no need to buy those over-priced LOD.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
May I ask why you are not using the LOD doc with the IMOD? Does it not sound like a standard ipod 5.5 gen HPO feeding the stepdance?

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #1,705 of 3,208

Quote:
I don;t think they were :)

The best thing the MC5 has going for it is that it has superior isolation and that it has decent build quality. Sound wise there are better options esp at that price range where there are so many options to choose from. I just don't think they are that good although I did get them for $55 at a local store which is better than the $85 or so I would have gotten had it been at full price.

Good point. I bought them for isolation though and for that purpose, they are great. I really dislike the microphonics though. Even with the shirt clip, it's still present. I plan on hanging onto them until I have my triplefi's reshelled. Then I'll give them to a friend or something.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #1,708 of 3,208
How efficient is the MC5? Does the it benefit much from supplementary amplification?

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #1,710 of 3,208
Not really. My ipod and clip+ drive it fine. Lows can get distorted a bit when eq'd up and a little amplification helps to clear that up. Other than that, if you run a flat eq, any DAP will power it fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back